Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Anyone go in a hot tub when they were pregnant?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

hello, I just found out I am 6 weeks pregnant. We just got back from vacation and I went in the hot tub(which was really hot!) i didn't realize at the time I was expecting. Now im worried that something will be wrong with my baby. I am waiting to see my dr but thats the end of sept. Any advise or something to ease my mind?

by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mandalouwhotn
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Im sure your fine....I was intoxicated the entire weekend before i found out i was preggers, so my child was composed of daquiris and wine...lol...but hes fine, that can't be any better than a hot tub

sararsara
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I was doing all kids of things I probably shouldn't have done when I was pregnant with my second and didn't know. We were in Amsterdam, *wink..when I got back I found out I was preggo. I also frequented the sauna and jacuzzi with my first and last before knowing I was expecting and baby was fine. Dr. will tell you that even if you do things like this the chances are good that baby will be fine.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I had an all night tequila fest before I knew I was pregnant. My daughter is perfectly fine.

I wouldn't stress too much.

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

Im sure your fine....I was intoxicated the entire weekend before i found out i was preggers, so my child was composed of daquiris and wine...lol...but hes fine, that can't be any better than a hot tub

Humans kill an estimated 100 million sharks each year. Sign this petition to establish a global ban on shark finning. Click Here.

sarahbearamommy
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I did when i was pregnant, but it was our families hot tub and the temperature was only 98 degrees.. it only went up to 104, but they only kept it at 98.. so i was able to go in since thats comparable to a luke warm bath.  my sons fine.. and like the poster above.. i drank a lot on st patricks day before i even knew i was preggo.. this was over 2 years ago.. i found out i was preg like 2 weeks after that.. but my son is perfectly fine and super duper healthy! good luck.. and im sure you'll be just fine.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

URMySunshine07
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:37 PM

You ought to be ok. I wouldn't get in a hot tub again though.

expecting boy Sunshine's Mom toddler girl

Pregnancy ticker

ECMOM970
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:39 PM

As a rule of thumb you are not suspose to sit in a hot tub for longer then 30 minutes at a time anyway...but I am sure your baby is fine...I sat in ours when I was preggo and was okay as are my kids. I think you are not suspose to give the baby nor yourself long term exposure to the excessive heat...sitting in for 20 minutes and then out for 10 minutes and back in for 20 etc...I think that is okay!

jenniepepsi
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:46 PM

yup perfectly ok. my doctor gave me the goahead. you do not want to be in water more than 100* F, which i hated as i like 108 or MORE LOL

and you should not be in longer than 30 mins like one of the PP said.

2boysmama07
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:51 PM

The same thing happened to me with our first child my doctor told me not to worry about it and there were not any problems ever caused from it. Good luck and Congrats on the baby.

Mandy

LilypieLilypie

cj1smommy
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:51 PM

im sure your babys fine. i went into a hot tub when i was 39 weeks pregnant. (had the baby the next day...go figure?) but the temperature was only at 99 degrees, and my friend(who is a ob)said that it was fine as long as you didnt stay in too long...well my baby came out fine. and it really helped with the contractions...i wanna do that this time around(im pregnant again), 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)