Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 month old waking up every 3 hours.

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:16 AM
  • 3 Replies

We just moved so I'm assuming it's because of that. He was waking up just once in the middle of the night. Since the move it's been every 3 - 4 hours. (so about 3 times a night now). How do I break him of this? I've tried just rocking him back to sleep but he cries and screams and wants a bottle....I really don't want this to be a habit of his. Help!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Its probaly because he is in an unfamiliar place.you could do the cio method.let him cry himself to sleep and if you arent already put one scoop of baby rice in his bottle just before bed.it will make him fuller that way he wont wake up hungry.he is old enough to do cio method
I am a 22 year old christian,church-going,bible-believing married sahm who formula feeds,bottle props,uses cio method,spanks,loves to sing but not in public,loves sleeping,my mom is my best friend,very opinionated in my beliefs,pro-life no matter what,dont support the action of being gay or lesbian,holy ghost speaking in tongues believer thats who i am and it will never change!
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:37 AM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:

Infant and Baby Groups 

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Ljensen09
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 11:17 PM

My son really loved his bottle too for a long period of time. I gave it to him up until 13 months. It was sort of a comfort thing for him to have it with him at night and it helped him relax. When he was ready to stop using it he did. Otherwise, i would try putting a sippy cup that he really likes in the crib with him with water in it. Just in case he gets thirsty. at 7 months i dont think the bottle will become a habit, hes too young to not have it yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)