Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flu /Swine Flu Vaccine

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:30 AM
  • 12 Replies

My son is 11 months old and I am debating whether or not I should give him the Flu shot and the swine flu shot.  He has chronic ear infections.  What are your thoughts.....

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coffeeluvnmom3
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:33 AM

please don't do it... 

mommy2boys03
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:34 AM

I personally don't trust the swine flu vaccine.  It was put together too quickly and hasn't been tested enough for me to be given to my kids.  As for the flu shot that is up to you.  I would just make sure it is it is preserviative free.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:39 AM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:

Infant and Baby Groups 
Medical questions

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

KaeLainne
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:40 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting coffeeluvnmom3:

please don't do it... 

mom2ljh
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Chronic lung disease might be enough for me to get the seasonal flu (still would have a tough time with swine flu, as the chronically ill are more susceptible to adverse reactions to the swine flu vaccine) but not chronic ear infections.  We will be passing on them both, and would still pass on both if my son had chronic ear infections.  The risks just far outweigh any *possible* benefit, IMO.

SEJ
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I wouldn't do it!!!   I would just "shut down" and keep him home and quiet if there is a big outbreak of flu in your area.

KatieFlower
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:06 AM

this is a personal preference but i will get it for my son he always gets the flu shot

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:09 AM

My daughter gets frequent ear infections too but i have never had her get a flu shot so i have no intention of her getting the swine flu vaccine.  It is coming out way to fast, my daughter is not going to be a test subject.

MarineWife1108
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:26 AM

As far as you being concerned about ti affecting his ear infections, not sure which way tto go on that. But as far as just the flu shots in general, it's like a PP said. It's a personal choice. I've never gotten the flu shot and I don't ever intend to. I'm just going to keep a stock of things packed with vitamin c. Both my sister and her husband were in the Army(both out now) and they refuse to ever get the flu shot again or get it for their kids because they never had the flu until they got the flu shot. I feel that as long as you're healthy and have a good immune system, you should be able to fight off the flu. If my mom ever got me the flu shot, it was many years ago and I haven't gotten the flu as far as I can remember. Then again, I rarely get sick as is. My husband on the other hand, gets sick all the time. Probably at least once a month or every two months he comes home from work because he's sick. Which reminds me, I remember he was sick right around his birthday and he just told me the other day that in the Marine Corps they give you the flu shot on your birthday. Don't think that's a coinsidence(sp?). Anyways, maybe talk to your pediatrician and see what they say about it. I'm not a doctor or a scientist so I can't tell you wether it would be harmful to get him the shots or not.

lorililly
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:31 AM

i would not do it..

Scientists Refuse Swine Flu Vaccine

CURE FOR SWINE FLU? VITAMIN D CAN FIGHT OFF H1N1 VIRUS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)