Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel your SO helps out enough with child rearing?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:31 AM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you feel your SO helps out enough with child rearing?

Options:

Yes, SO helps a lot

No, SO doesn't help enough

SO does enough

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

giving dad gift

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dosthepost
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:08 AM

He would love to help MORE... and I should let him. But I have a certain way of doing things, and he isn't usually around to see it, so when he gets onto her for something that I wouldn't I have to tell him "Hey, she's OK... don't confuse her".

But he does what he can. At 18 months old she's kind of a one track mind anyway.

lilypad728
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Of course. We are the parents...wo do it togther. there is none of that...well one of us does more.

mommyk5
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Unfortunately, My DH doesn't do a lot when it comes to that.  I wish he did more, and he thinks he does a lot, but I am usually the one that does EVERYHING when it comes to the kids.   I feed them , bath them, dress them, read to them, play with them, take them to school, take them to dr. apts. Discipline them, cuddle them.  I am the one who diapers the baby-always.  I am the one who wakes up  with them at night -always.  We do go out as a family, and he will take them to the park or the zoo occaisonally, but really, overall I wish he would do more, for the kids sake, and his.  I have already told him that he is missing out, even though it is hard sometimes, we will never get these years back!   I am the SAHM so These things are my responsibility, and He works, so he feels his job is to make money, but I think he still should help out more when it comes to raising OUR children.

lapcounter
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:40 AM

I have the world's best husband, not only does he help around the house he is very involved in what his girls are doing. He comes to dance practice and cheer practice, he gives the girls baths if needed, he plays babies with them, he reads to them I could not ask for more!

7SinsAnna
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Yes, especially in the last two years he’s really stepped up to the plate and become a vital part of our everyday kid activates.  Once he dove in he found out how much he enjoyed it!

MarthaHelene
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:56 AM

He helps as much as he can, he actually works 4:30pm-? so when we're home he's at work but he does get up at 7am (even when he gets in at 5am) & takes Bailey to school & he picks her up every day after school.

Then when he's off (he works 4 on 3 off) he gets up at 6:30am to help me get Bailey up & ready for school & then after school when he picks her up he helps with home work, dinner etc. .... He's an AWESOME Dad & SO if I do say so myself :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)