Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does this mean she could be teething?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM
  • 1 Replies

my baby is 4 1/2 months old; the last few days she has been more fussy than usual, is more interested in her binky, has been putting everything in her mouth, has been drooly, has a red chin and cheek, and hasnt been eating as well as usual.

could this mean she is teething?? i am a first time mommy so i am not sure....she hasnt had a fever or anything, and when  i look in her mouth i dont see anything, but i know that doesnt mean much.

also she is just getting over a cold (it will be 2 weeks on wednesday) and it seemed to be going away but now she is stuffy again.

please let me know what you think.  thank you!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
NoraDun
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:27 PM

I would say its a good possibility. Both of my boys showed those signs early...like around 2 months but it took my first 6 months before he got his first tooth and it took my second 9 months before he got his first so theoretical it could still be awhile. You should see the gum to kinda become whitish when the tooth is actually coming up. My boys also got some fever and diarrhea when they teethed. Fever was never over 100.9 though!!

I am a Jesus loving, breastfeeding, TTCing, cosleeping, mother of two boys:Xavier 4 , Malachi 9 mn, and married to my wonderful husband, Quentin for 4.5 years!!

toddler boybreastfeeding  Stay on "The Up & Up" in my group:  http:/www.cafemom.com/group/upandup

"Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalms 139:16

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)