Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can some please help!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:30 PM
  • 2 Replies

My name is Melisa, I am 30 yrs old w/ 2 lovely children. I have a 3 yr old little girl who lives w/me. My 10 year old lives w/his father. But that is why I am in here. I let my son go stay w/his father because I needed to get back on my feet. I was about to be evicted and had NO where to go. So at the time I thought this was the right thing to do. But since then he has taken my son from me. I did not get to see my son for a yr.  I then decided to move so I could be closer. But now he plans fun actvities and makes my lil boy choose the activity or me. I am not mad at my boy for being a kid. But the saddest thing is the SOB hit me w/child support. He is too lazy to work and now I have to pay him. I can barely make ends meet w/ the child and income I have. I still have legal custody and want to bring my son back home. But I think he has turned my son against me. I need someone to talk to. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?  All I want is for us to be civil and for BOTH of us to be in his life. But I know for a fact that he is still bitter bout the past!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:33 PM
Take him to court for joint custody
I am a 22 year old christian,church-going,bible-believing married sahm who formula feeds,bottle props,uses cio method,spanks,loves to sing but not in public,loves sleeping,my mom is my best friend,very opinionated in my beliefs,pro-life no matter what,dont support the action of being gay or lesbian,holy ghost speaking in tongues believer thats who i am and it will never change!
Cisri1974
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I am so sorry you are having such a rough time right now, mama.  I am no expert, so take this purely as brainstorming ideas for you.

If you still have legal custody of your son, then I would speak to your attorney or a Legal Aid attorney to see about getting your son back home.  At the very least, involve someone to help you on the child support issue since I believe it has to be taken into account your own financial status and the fact you have another child you are also supporting.    I THINK since he has physical custody (not legal, but physical) right now he is entitled to child support, but I can tell he is really only doing that for his own reasons at this point.  I have a friend who is going through this at the moment, but their custody battle is a little messed up in the fact neither of them apparently have legal custody (she is/was in the military, they are unmarried, she returned home, took the kid for a week-long visit, and now won't give him up claiming she has physical custody so he is hers).

I'm sure other mommies have more experience in this arena than I do.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)