Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about soy/ goat milk

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:16 PM
  • 3 Replies

my one year old gets extremly constipated with whole milk. i tried fruits but i think she is lactose intolerant. do you suggest soy milk or goats milk?? i was thinking soy milk.. and do i still give  no more than 24 oz with soy milk?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:12 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:

Toddlers & Preschoolers   

Medical questions

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

LuvMyHannahNZac
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Soy tastes better, IMO and comes fortified, and in chocolate and vanilla. My DD loves the Kid Fortified Vanilla. My DD hated goat milk. We only do 2 8oz cups a day.

Lydiam
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Constipation is not a sign of lactose intolerance. If your baby is lactose intolerant, he/she may have diarrhea, abdominal cramping, gas about 30 minutes to two hours after drinking dairy products and/or breastfeeding, and bloating.

Whole milk does give constipation to some toddlers/people, but lactose intolerance is not the cause.  Some times is goes away on its own after drinking it for a longer period of time.  

Make sure you give your baby lots of fiber and juice (except apple juice, which makes you constipated).

Talk to your Pediatrician about it.

Hope this helps.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)