Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OK mommas, need help, sleep related

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, momma... need yalls help here!

I absolutely cannot get my 5 y/o daughter to sleep before 11pm.. no matter what we do that day... outside running all day.. park, playground, going going going all day. very limited sugar. but still cannot get her to go to sleep before 11pm if i'm lucky.. weird thing is she's up by 8am every morning...

All advice is welcome... anything you can think of to get my lil girl to dreamland around 9 would be great!!!

I'm 20 weeks preggie with #2 AND I NEEEEEDDDDD SLEEEPPP!!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:36 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:

Medical questions

ELEMENTARY MOMMIES

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

nlteacher
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Oh how i feel your pain....  My now 8 yr old was just like that and still is.  isn't it amazing how much energy they can have?  I wish I had a whole lot of advice but what i did was give her stuff to do in her room, like coloring and books.  if she has a tv in her room put on a all jazz station or play soothing music.  tell her that she doesnt have to go to sleep but she has to stay in her room.  if you are afarid she will get up and  leave the room put like a bell or something on the door.  close the door, not necessarily all the way so you can her it move.  You can't make anyone sleep but you can teach her to respect your need for rest and to be able to calm herself down and finally fall asleep.  I hope this helps!!  Let me know if it did or any other ideas you come up with.

Best of luck!!

jnjj040407
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:29 PM

i know what you mean my son turned two in april and he can stay up till 2 am if his dad does and still get up around 7 or 8 am. i dont understand. it drives me crazy. im also 18 weeks pregnant and desperately need sleep. some times i feel like a zombie. i have tried to get him to bed earlier and he just wont go. i have even tried having my husband and myself lay down with him and he will not go to bed before 11 either. its really annoying.

Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:36 PM
Maybe she is tired and just fighting it.maybe let her lay in her bed and watch a movie at 8 then she may be asleep by 9
I am a 22 year old christian,church-going,bible-believing married sahm who formula feeds,bottle props,uses cio method,spanks,loves to sing but not in public,loves sleeping,my mom is my best friend,very opinionated in my beliefs,pro-life no matter what,dont support the action of being gay or lesbian,holy ghost speaking in tongues believer thats who i am and it will never change!
cynturner906
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM

My five year old nephew Ashton would not sleep to save his life. The key was getting him still sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. I told him his bones grow when you sleep and then you grow big and strong lol! So I would lay him next to me and he would watch cartoons 90 percent of the time he would fall asleep. I would also tell him it was quiet time and my baby needed to grow lol! Which my baby was growing so it was the truth.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Is she very active before going to bed?  When I was growing up I always had down time in the early evening.  Where it was only dinner, reading, watching a TV movie or show, or maybe a board game with the family.  A bedtime routine helps too.  Brush teeth, get ready for bed, read a book, sleep time.  You have to continually have to enforce it.  Because she isn't tired until 11pm you are going to have to ween her off slowly to 8pm sleeping.  Go down every half hour and start at 10:30.  Go down to the next half hour the next week. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)