Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Copy of Obama's planned speech to children.

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM
  • 16 Replies

This is supposed to  be how the speech goes.  I don't like Obama and don't care anything about my child hearing his message.  JMO

http://www.whitehouse.gov/MediaResources/PreparedSchoolRemarks/ 

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
comptonkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:57 PM

i dont like Obama either, but i think its a good speech. i only wish it was someone else giving it...he isnt the first president to give to a speech to the children of today, and it usally only happens when times are tough..as they are now.

the only thing i dont like is the whole "i went to school at 4 am every morning" i think that BS, and its very similar to your grandpa or dad telling you that they walked x number of miles to school uphill both ways

the only thing i DONT like about this..is that HE will be remembered for YEARS to come because of this speech...like i said, i dont like Obama, i dont care if someone else does...this is MY thoughts and i am entitled to think what i want.

momofne
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Thank you for the link. I really wasn't worried about it but I'm glad I got to see it first.

Kweeni
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:22 PM

it's funny how people can't just give the man credit for doing ANYTHING right.

great speech.

SheHoldsTheKey
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:56 PM

The speech itself is pretty good, if only a little long for the younger children.

But I'm still glad my child won't be seeing it. When it comes down to it, I disagree with many of the stances Obama has put forth, and some of those are in direct contridiction with core beliefs I am raising my daughter to have, and he is not someone I want her looking to as a role model or someone to emulate.

Lilypie
momgerke
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 11:29 AM

I can't say that I care that much for Obama yet but I give him a lot of credit for taking on such a challenge and trying to turn around our nation- He was left with such ruins thanks to that SOB Bush- SO you may not like him but you sure wouldn't want to be him and have everyone judge you and criticise you before they even know what you can do- Maybe in a few years everyone will be singing a different tune- clapping

SpiritWish
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Bravo!! Bush completely destroyed everything from the economy to this nation's morale... To even believe for a minute that Obama could do worse is delusional! There is only one place to go now and that is up! I hate politics but there's nothing political (thank goodness!) in his speech and why people are making such a huge deal over it is beyond me! It's totally ridiculous and childish. I actually kinda feel bad for him because of the clean up job he has to do in Bush's wake... Bush was a nightmare.

Quoting momgerke:

I can't say that I care that much for Obama yet but I give him a lot of credit for taking on such a challenge and trying to turn around our nation- He was left with such ruins thanks to that SOB Bush- SO you may not like him but you sure wouldn't want to be him and have everyone judge you and criticise you before they even know what you can do- Maybe in a few years everyone will be singing a different tune- clapping

valbeasley
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:11 PM

i just read the speech, and sounds very powerful and very well written- the only thing i could see you not liking about it, is if you want your kid to be a dropout, or sit in front of his or her video games instead of trying to be something great in life. you can not like obama, thats your right- but i do not see one bad thing about this speech. unless you are a loser and want your kids to grow up and not have goals in life, and be one of those loser kids like the way a lot o kids are growing up these days, you would agree, this is a very inspiring speech for children.....

check out my new site! http://www.cafemom.com/group/104292
pregnancy
valbeasley
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:15 PM

i agree with you and SpriitWish....some people just need to complain. and i think he is doing a lot better than bush ever did....he has a big mess to clean up from Bush now....i swear if hate was illegal, a lot fo these Ati obama people would be locked up.....just cuz their old fart with the hairbrain running for VP didnt win, they are going to complain for 4 or 8 years now, a big pity party....hell, McCain got over the loss...i think its time for some poeple in amercia to either grow up or move to mexico. lol.

Quoting Kweeni:

it's funny how people can't just give the man credit for doing ANYTHING right.

great speech.

check out my new site! http://www.cafemom.com/group/104292
pregnancy
SinisterQueen
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Quoting valbeasley:

i just read the speech, and sounds very powerful and very well written- the only thing i could see you not liking about it, is if you want your kid to be a dropout, or sit in front of his or her video games instead of trying to be something great in life. you can not like obama, thats your right- but i do not see one bad thing about this speech. unless you are a loser and want your kids to grow up and not have goals in life, and be one of those loser kids like the way a lot o kids are growing up these days, you would agree, this is a very inspiring speech for children.....

high five

m0msplace
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM

How do you know that it is BS. Where you there when his Mom got him up at 4 am in the morning, I do not think so. So do not make a comment about something you do not know the fact to, that is called assuming, and God knows we have way to many people assuming things. And lets us remember all the time through out President Obama's Election campaign, he made it very clear that it is going to take all and I said All of us to work together to fix this problem we are in, And that not all the problems will be fix right away, in fact President Obama's stated that it might not even happen in the first term. As for his Speech to the young people I do not see anything wrong with his speech, and yes every President has made a speech about education, however President Obama's speech was striaght forward as it should be. So the Question that I have for all of you is why are you wasting your time and energy on worrying about what President Obama' s has or has not done and Help the President out and give all our support to him, President Obama's you have me and my Family support. And God bless you in all you do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)