Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fruit Flies

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

So I'm wondering if any moms have solution to get rid of fruit flies.  I wipe counter after every meal, I wipe with bleach on surfaces every night before bed, nothing gets left in the sink over night.  Garbage is emptied every night too!!  Yet they still come back.  I am wondering if it isn't because I have a garbage disposal and maybe they are attracted to food in there.  However I have a catcher so not much goes down there.  I notice that they are around my baby's bottles that are rinsed out so maybe they are smelling the sweet formula?  I don't know.  But I swear my house is clean.  Lol.  Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you ladies!!

BTW  I live in Oregon if that helps too!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tanya_marieh
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:03 PM

If they are coming from the sink drain put a little bit of baking soda in there then pour down a cup or two of vinegar.  Then about 5 minutes later pour down a bunch of hot water.

TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Fruit flies arent there bc your house is dirty, so don't worry about that! And yes they are most likly breading in your drains. Have you tried dumping bleach down your kichen drain? Go here http://www.ehow.com/how_2030245_rid-fruit-flies.html. Fround this while searching for ways to get rid of them.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Go buy some apple cider vinegar, pour some in a bowl and then put a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid in the middle.. Put a bowl of it wherever the flies are more active... You won't believe how many you'll have in the bowl dead! The sweet scent attracts them and the dishwashing liquid kills them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)