Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor Question...Advice/Suggestions Needed

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:55 PM
  • 13 Replies

is there a such thing a back labor? i thought i heard of it before..i was just laying dwn and got up bc my son wanted a bottle and i can bearly walk there is this horrible pain in my lower back and on the left lower side of my belly....anyone know what this can be?? im due in 17 days..and advice would be great..

WIFEY 2 ISAAC ~7.9.05~

MOMMY 2      EZRA ANGEL ~1.5.07~      EMMANUEL FRANKIE ~3.3.08~

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NicoleL15019
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Yes there is such a thing .. however .. it could just be the baby sitting funny right now, i have had that feeling for weeks.

Jennifer1507
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:00 PM

anyone??

WIFEY 2 ISAAC ~7.9.05~

MOMMY 2      EZRA ANGEL ~1.5.07~      EMMANUEL FRANKIE ~3.3.08~

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:01 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Pregnancy Info  

Medical questions

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

jnjj040407
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:03 PM

yes there is my labor strted like this and went on for 10 hors beforit went o my stomach good luck

charlene_kyle
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Yes there is such a thing. I did not experience it though. I hear it is very painful. Good Luck to you!

divinenight
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:09 PM

All my contractions were in my back until I was about 8 cm...There is such a thing, and it hurts...But it's totally possible to deal with it, without med.

I'm a tattooed, pierced, working, CIO, disposable diapering, breastfeeding, PDF, tummy sleeping, circumsizing, anti-pacifier, pro-choice, vaccinating, natural birthing, young mom to a gorgeous little boy!

3boyz1princess
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Yes back labor is very common.  Drink lots of water and relax on your left side and see if the pain subsides.  If not monitor it this could be the beginning of labor.

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

RubysMommy
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:48 AM

hey mama I'm due sept. 24th.....right there with ya! I haven't had back labor but I know my shortness of breath is happening more often and my hips are killing me! Good luck to you and your baby!

MiniFrog
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Man I had back labor and it hurt like hell!!  All my mini contractions before I started actual labor were in my belly, which led me to believe that it wasn't going to be so bad, but when my labor started for real, well I remember going to bed around 2am, and laying there, pain in my lower back, shooting down my legs, for an hour I laid there tossing and turning, before trying to walk around (since I didn't relize I was in labor), trying to go to the bathroom since it felt like I had to, before walking up my mom, since I was at her house, to drive me to the hospital.  I could hardly walk, I couldn't sit, lay down, nothing helped.  When they came to give me my epidural, it was right where the pain was, lol I remember she kept yelling at me to try and sit still while stabbing right where all the pain was (she was also a student).

I also had alot of back pain when I was pregnant, but it was nothing compaired to when I was in labor.  If you want to read my full labor story (which I have on my personal webpage) feel free to send me a message =)

He's 10 months old, tooth #5 poked through, working on #6, doesn't crawl anymore unless he needs to get to something to stand up with, although hes learning how to stand without holding on to anything, walk/runs all day long, finally mastered sleep time, shakes and nods his head, waves and claps when he feels like it, but loves to point at things, tries to climb everything, says dada and deedee (cheesie) all day long, but won't say mom-mom even though he knows how, very ticklish everywhere, eats like a teenager, starting to learn how to feed himself with the spoon, has no seperation anxiety, basically only needs me to cook, do laundry and wipe his bum (althought we bought him a potty)......is this what its going to be like when he goes to college? lol

AryssasMommy
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 11:19 AM

I had horrible back pain of course that is the only pain I know due to only 1 baby so far. I was 5 days past due and was scheduled to go in for an induction due to no dilation or effacement nothing, the baby had not even dropped by that point. My hubby and I did the whole sex thing to try to throw me into labor (TOTALLY WORKED). 3 hours later I woke up with my  back KILLING me and cramps in my sides. I thought I was constipated. I kept getting up and trying to go to the bathroom, but couldn't. After an hour or so of me tossing and turning and apparently moaning (didn't realize I was) my husband woke up and asked what was going on and then he noticed my pain was stop and go... felt like a constant pain for me. Anyways we got up and I took a shower with every 6 minutes stopping and hunching over in horrible pain, it was then I knew I MUST be  in labor. Long story short.... as my contractions got stronger my back felt like someone was taking a knife and stabbing me in my back and then twisting the blade on he way out. THANK THE LORD... my water broke and they gave me my epidural early (1 cm dilated). The epidural did NOT hurt due to I was already in so much pain all it felt like was 3 tiny pricks on my back. 

I will tell you looking back now, the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy my back was hurting BIG time. Long massages from my hubby a couple of times a day and before bed really helped A LOT. I hope you don't have back labor... however if you do ask them to give you the epidural AS SOON AS POSSIBLE  because it will only get worse I imagine as you progress. My nurse had had back labor and so she knew what to do and hooked my up on getting my epidural ASAP. Hope this helps and not scares you.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)