Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dont know what to do.

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

ok my son Kamden is 6 months old now and he hasnt started to sit up on his own. Im a first time mom so i dont know if thats ok. I know they usually start to sit up on their own around this age..Is it ok that he hasnt yet? i would apreciate anyones feed back.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ruby70
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:26 PM

All children develop at their own pace.  I wouldnt worry.  But if you really are worried, I will call your md.

mommy1008
by Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Yes, it's fine, every child hits milestones at different times.!

yayay15
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:28 PM

My first son sat up at 5 1/2 months, my second sat up at 7 1/2 months.  Both are perfectly fine...every child is different.  Just keep working on it.

MalachaisMommy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:30 PM

i don't think you should be worried. my son is also 6 months old, he crawls but doesnt sit up on his own. every child learns at there own pace, some learn early and some learn late.

mommybyfaith00
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Quoting ruby70:

All children develop at their own pace.  I wouldnt worry.  But if you really are worried, I will call your md.

I AGREE MY DAUGHTER IS 12 MTHS AND SHE DOESNT LIKE WALKING B/C SHE CAN CRAWL SUPER FAST AND EVERYONE SAYS SHE SHOULD BE WALKING BUT EVERY KID IS DIFFERENT JUST LET HIM BE HIM AND HE WILL DO IT IN HIS OWN TIME USUALLY IF YOU STOP WANTING HIM TO HE WILL. CALLING HIS DOCTOR EVEN JUST FOR PEACE OF MIND ISNT A BAD IDEA THO ... GOD BLESS

KalaBear
by on Sep. 12, 2009 at 12:39 PM

thanks everyone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)