Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare costs? Please read

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

Okay so I have a job interview Wednesday, and it is a full time job so Aiden would need to be put into daycare if I am hired.  I am dreading this because since he was born I have been home with him.  19 months old now...  Im so nervous about putting him in daycare, it makes me want to cry thinking about it.  But I know it would be good for him to go because he would get the social interactin he needs before preschool.  Any how...  Im worried about child care costs.  If anyone is in Pittsburgh, I know they are in a few other states to, but if anyone is familar with Tendercare, do you know their rates?  Or if anyone could just give me a general price range for childcare?

Im going to call a few places tomorrow and check rates and if there are openings... Just wanted to get a general idea now though.  Thanks ladies!!

It's woman's spirit and mood a man has to stimulate in order to make sex interesting. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by touching your head or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.   ~*Marilyn Monroe*~

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeartofGold
by Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I'm not from pa, I'm from oregon but I wanted to let you know what I pay.

I pay $28 a day (average around here is $25 a day) for my son. I pay about $528 a month for my son.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

LisaKelz
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:37 PM

I am in Missouri, but here the average is around $26 a day.

BabyJae
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:37 PM
I live in pa. Outside of Philly in the suburbs and I pay 185 a week for my 2 yr old.
AidensMommy124
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I think that is the average in pay.  My sister pays 175 a week for her daughter.  So Im thinking thats about average for PA..  Hopefully its not more than that!

Quoting BabyJae:

I live in pa. Outside of Philly in the suburbs and I pay 185 a week for my 2 yr old.

It's woman's spirit and mood a man has to stimulate in order to make sex interesting. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by touching your head or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.   ~*Marilyn Monroe*~

tyfry7496
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I am in SE Wisconsin and for your son's age, fulltime daycare would be close to $200 a week. Any child under 2 years old is considered an infant so rates are more expensive. You are going to pay for quality day care/preschool. When calling, don't go for a center that has rates that are a lot less than everyone else, that is a big red flag.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Holy cow.. And I thought what I pay was alot.. I pay $18 a day, $9 for half a day and my LO only goes 2 days a week and I'm in West Virginia...

AmiJanell
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I don't live in your area or anything but recently had to find a new daycare for my son.

If you look for private daycare they are WAY cheaper I have found, more flexible and less children... so more time for your son and less germs to spread around.

I happen to find our new daycare provider on Craigs List... many licensed providers put their ad's on there... but where I live there is also info through the county with listings.

We pay $30/day or $8 hourly

Centers in our area charge $55/day and $10 hourly

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Wow daycare is expencive down there. I do not know if they do this in the states because I live in Canada but we have subdisezed childcare and the goverment pays so we only pay $35.00 a week and the goverment pays the rest but you have to have a fulltime job so it is payed for through our tax dollars. I know if you do not work and are not getting subdidsized daycare it is about $25 to $35 a day I think that the private ones with only a few children are sometimes cheaper but I am not to sure about there. I got to say I am very glad to be a Canadian and know if you work and pay your taxes the goverment does help you with childcare.Best of luck to you in your search for daycare.

Nicole080984
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Most daycare centers cost WAY more then a in home daycare...when I looked at prices for my son, under 2 in a center was close to $250/week, but in home I paid $40/day...normally prices go down at age 2, but I've always paid $35-$40/day for my son (he's always been in in-home daycares).

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Photobucket

I am a formula feeding (by choice), never co-sleeping, tummy sleeping, vaccinating, sleeping in their own room, time-out, CIO and spanking (when need be) believer, pro-induction (with Epi, of course), pro-choice , tattooed and pierced (and yes my daughter’s ear’s are pierced too), needs to lose some weight mama.
AidensMommy124
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 6:55 PM

So I called around and I didnt like the way some of the private daycares said they run the places.. just seems a little to strict for a 19 month old... But I just didnt like them.  Tendercare did have some openings and if I would need them 5 days a week, not sure which days and what times I will be working if I get the job, but itd be $218 a week.  Thats full-time, 5 days.  I may not need them every day full time, some days might be part time, others may be full-time, and if I have days on the weekend, I wont need them.  So....I guess Im just going with them I guess.  Hopefully Ill only need them 2-3 days a week, hopefully just a few hours and it wont be as much... But if it is, what can ya do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)