Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hepatitis B Vaccine 1 month old, sleeping all afternoon and evening, normal? PIOG

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son is usually up all day nursing I mean literally all day long every hour (gained 3 lbs in a month) he is only 1 month old (born aug 7th); but ever since shortly after his 2nd hepatitis b shot today he has slept all afternoon all evening, waking briefly when I change him, and when I "made" him nurse because my breasts were getting sore. I am worried if this is normal, he has no fever or other issue and has had several wet diapers. I am concerned about going to sleep and him not waking up to nurse and me sleeping through the night. Is this a reaction I should worry about? He still moves around and breaths normal and will wake briefly when moved or changed, etc. Also will this hurt my milk supply???? Thank you in advance.

by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 10:48 PM

keep nursing him to wake him up, if he really truly wont wake up....pump yes. store it (freezer prob) or it will reduce your supply a bit

i am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our second little joy....Emmalyn Jean or Bryant Allen. Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

MNLETLE
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 10:50 PM

It's normal...and nothing to worry about. Do wake him every hour and a half to two hours so he can nurse though. So you will maintain supply.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Sep. 9, 2009 at 11:50 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Infant and Baby Groups 
Breastfeeding Groups

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2009 at 11:54 PM
  • I would keep a close eye on him. We refused the Hep B because when I was doing research during my first pregnancy, I read several cases where the infant died of "SIDS" within the next 48 hours of receiving that vaccine. Brain swelling, lethargy and sleepiness, fever... All common side effects of this shot.

I would be waking him to nurse and keeping him VERY close to me. I hope he's ok!

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

TeenMom711
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 11:57 PM

my son slept all day and night the day he got his so dont worry but do keep an eye on your lo

I am a 20 year old, catliolic, pro life, baby wearing, formula feeding, bitchy, Full-Time working, occassionally co-sleeping, tattooed, dye crazy hair colors, non green, vaccinating, twilight CRAZY, mommy of a 1 year old baby boy and now Titi to a unborn baby girl due dec 6 !

darkeyedmom
by on Sep. 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Why is your son  getting Hep b shots? I have hep c and they alternately gave me hep a and hep b so I won't get them. 

Help protect our families by washing your hands & keeping your kids home when they're sick!.....RobinSwine flu masked pig

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Sep. 13, 2009 at 12:55 PM

my dd got hep b vaccine they give them in the hospital after they are born now

Quoting darkeyedmom:

Why is your son  getting Hep b shots? I have hep c and they alternately gave me hep a and hep b so I won't get them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured