Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spit Up = Reflux = Zantac = Vomiting

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, so, my now 3 month old DD was diagnosed Lactose Intolerant at 1 month old. After several formulas we stuck with Soy. She was still spitting up at 2 1/2 months, so she was put on Baby Zantac.

We still noticed she was still spitting up, but the Pedi said it would get better - instead, it has gotten progressively worse. Her spit up has become vomiting - you can smell the bile (stomach acid) and it is starting to get really bad. It was once just a little and not very often - and it's now a LOT, and quite often.

I called her Pedi this morning because it isn't stopping - and I am still waiting on him to call me back... Any one have any suggestions or ever experience this ?

I am wondering if maybe she didn't have Reflux - just a weak tummy - and now the Zantac is making her sick... ??

CafeMom Tickers

* Choices -- They are a part of life; everyone gets to make their own. ** Offer advice when asked for -- don't force your beliefs on others ** You have to GIVE respect to GET respect. ** People have a right to make their own mistakes without someone else pointing out their flaws. 

by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lesliebb
by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 12:04 PM

ur little one is almost a month younger than mine... i had all these problems.. the zantac is for reflux that my dd takes too. she was on soy for lactos allergies but is now on Nutrimigen for colic and complete cows milk allergies and throws up everyonce n a while but its usually clean liquid that she spits up. but the longer she is up right the less that comes up. so if i have to put her down i put her in her swing up right as far as posible and not turn it on and put her where she can see me. also my dr never told me to do this but she didnt say not to either.... my dd last bottle of the day i take part of it and add half a tspoon of rice cereal and put it in a cereal feeder or a med. flow nipple its 1/2 tsp per 2 oz of  formula. n she keeps it down .. but she never finishes her bottle after the rice cereal... so u could try that..

and alot ppl might bitch about me giving my dd rice cereal in a feeder or a bottle but oh well my dd my choice shes been on it for a month and isnt getting fat she weighs 15 lbs and will be 4mo. on the 28th so haha ladies im not makin my dd fat as u like to put it!!!

CaideysMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 12:08 PM

My DD has been on cereal since she was 1 month and I've had no weight issues with her what-so-ever. The cereal did help - but since she's started the Zantac - it's gotten bad again.

I'm going to stop the Zantac and go back to cereal !

CafeMom Tickers

* Choices -- They are a part of life; everyone gets to make their own. ** Offer advice when asked for -- don't force your beliefs on others ** You have to GIVE respect to GET respect. ** People have a right to make their own mistakes without someone else pointing out their flaws. 

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Sep. 14, 2009 at 12:21 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  this CafeMom Group:
Medical questions

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

lesliebb
by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 1:07 PM

what is her doses for it.. my dd was .5 twice a day and that was at 12lbs and to now still. when do u give it to her like hrs wise and before, during or after a bottle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN