Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Having a redneck party and need ideas.

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am having a redneck party on Friday. I am looking for any ideas or games. I have some in mind. I do have a tracter lawn mower and was going to do an obstacle course but I don't have access to tires or anything to keep the lawn mower in a certain direction. I would like to use the lawn mower in a game. If you have any ideas whether it be with the lawn mower tracter or something else. Let me know ASAP.

Thanks!

by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serendipitydoo
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM

It should be mandatory that everyone wear fake "bubba" teeth.

LoL

I am an "I don't summarize my parenting style in a paragraph because it's none of your business" mom of One. ;)

skelleymomof2
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Man I wish I had some ideas for you, this sounds like it will be a great party!

Hope you have a great time!

Sandra
Independant Sales Rep / AVON
www.youravon.com/sandrakelley
AuntieV
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I have some great ideas for prizes for your games.

Here is a picture of a redneck fire alarm.

And you could pass out redneck luggage (plastic grocery bags) or redneck designer luggage (the new "green" grocery bags)

I have more but need to find them.

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Walk around the dollar store and I am sure u will get ideas.  NASCAR comes to my mind. How about NASCAR hats? Will there be kids?

redneck_proud
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I found this online some cute ideas...

Redneck Party  Invitation: You might be a redneck party.  Please come in yer best redneck git-up. Ladies wear yer purtiest mu-mu and rollers.  Fellers don't furget yer work boots. Teeth are optional. Place, Date, Time. Fer more infermation call Joe Bob or Lori Sue. Don't furget to tell cousin Bubba. Decorations: Outside - Christmas lights on porch, scattered hubcaps, clothesline with old underwear, socks, stained t-shirts, piles of garbage bags and beer cans, dog tied to a tree.  Inside - Mix matched table cloths, aluminum foil on windows, large pit lighters for guests that smoke, old posters, jeff Foxworthy quotes printed on bright colored paper for the walls, duct tape streamers, beer bottle chandelier.  Food: Moonpies, RC Cola, Cheese Puffs, Viena Sausages on toothpicks, Pork & Beans, pigs-in-a-blanket, gumbo, Beer, Boones Farm, jello-shots, and a pucker-up-bar (table set up with all the different flavors of pucker)  Milk crates will be great used on the food tables.    Music Musts:  Hank Williams Jr, Merle Haggard, Kid Rock, David Allen Cole, Creedence Clearwater, Lynyrd Skynyrd, ACDC, Gretchen Wilson. Games: Bob for pigs feet, wet t-shirt contest, spittin' or belching contest, armpit music, mud wrestling, wheel barrel racing.  Bottles of boones farm or 40 oz beer make great prizes.  Costume Ideas:  Men - anything camouflage, jeans tucked into work boots, t-shirts with beer logos or nascar or WWF, cutoffs w/pockets hanging out, overalls, mullets, don't forget the skol can in back pocket, bubba teeth. Women - black some teeth out, pig tails (bent wire cloths hanger can make braids stand out), really big hair (use mascara to darken roots), blue eyeshadow, freckles, cut-offs, tube tops, platform shoes, mini skirts, skol can in back pocket, stuff shirt to look preg and carry a cig and beer can, overalls, beer cap earrings, old house slippers and hair rollers.

I got more hold on...

redneck_proud
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 3:49 PM
  1. Require a redneck dress code. Think overalls and flannel, mullets, fake teeth, the works. The crazier the better. Don't be afraid to let loose and look silly. Invite everyone else to dress up silly as well. It adds to the excitement and fun of the party.
  2. Ask everyone to bring one redneck dish so everyone can sample and have fun grubbing. Think tater tot casserole, baked beans and Fritos and so forth. Set up a table or two for all the food so everyone can serve themselves buffet style. Use coolers to hold the drinks or better yet, the back of someone's truck, the tailgate, real redneck style.

3. Set up a plastic kid's pool and fill it up with water. Put some inexpensive fish like koi or large goldfish in it. Then set out a couple fishing poles for anyone who wants to try "fishing" during the party. Set up a big fire pit in the yard or out front to keep everyone warm on the chilly night. It will be appreciated and people may even make s'mores.

4. Find a long stretch where you can set up "turkey bowling." Use liters of coke either filled or half-filled (with soda or water) and set them up as the pins. Then get a frozen turkey in the netted bag and use that as a bowling ball. You now have a game of turkey bowling set up.

5. Purchase fireworks (if you are allowed to) and set off a fireworks show for your friends and family. Enjoy the spectacle of the bright lights.

6. A must have is beer and lots of it. Us rednecks love to drink.

7. A mud pit so the ladies can do a mud wresling contest and men to i guess lol

8. I would also do something like a prize for the best dressed redneck but make it a funny gift.

AuntieV
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Here is a redneck Cat Carrier

And a Redneck Car Alarm & Lock Set

Or you could give everyone a palm pilot

MommaLaura
by Member on Sep. 16, 2009 at 3:56 PM

u could try to google it and see what comes up. sorry i dont have any ideas though. this sounds like it will be an awesome party though! take pics so we can see. :)

ZiemMya2
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

On the invite, I am supplying snacks, but it is BYOB(bring your own booze)... For snacks, I thought Vienna sausages on toothpicks, cheese doodles, corn chips and bean dip..and a cake shaped like a Budweiser beer bottle...
For decorations, I am using a set of NASCAR twin sheets for curtains and a set of checkered flag twin sheets as table coverings w/ the NASCAR pillow case as a table runner...
I am hanging empty Campbell's soups cans and balloons... I am also using dollar-store duct tape for streamer's... I am saving my canned catfood cans also to use w/ tea lights and maybe put out on my porch as ashtrays...as my house (really a trailer LoL) is non-smoking..

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
briansmommy7143
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I LOVE theme parties! This is one I definitely haven't thought of. Great idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)