Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

im too short to lay my baby in its crib piog

Posted by   + Show Post

im barely 5'.. and i want to get a convertable crib so im not buying a new bed  every other year, The only thing is  that  all the convertable cribs ive found dont have a drop rail so i    either have to   "drop" my baby in.....  or. idk.......... i wont be able to reach all the way down to lay him or her into it. any advice? help?

by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 9:42 PM
Replies (11-17):
heyullama
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 8:29 AM

I am short too and have very short arms lol.  we bought a crib with a drop rail and when it was recalled we replaced it with a convertable one with no rail. It is lower to the floor and much safer IMO.

GOOD Luck!

Lesley 

Cafe Sheri
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Great topic. I totally had this issue.

I'm featuring this in CafeMom's Baby Buzz tomorrow. I hope you'll take a look. Hoping our CafeMom readers might have even more great solutions.

Best,

Cafe Sheri @

jeenw1019
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I would get a stool.  I'm 5'0 and I can only get her with the side down and the matress up. 

cosmoMOM18
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 2:44 PM

we got an older crib and fixed it up and the rail drops to three heights. its really great, try to find an older crib but strong. i also have another crib at my moms and its a brand knew one but the rails aren't tall. they are about a foot about the matress but you can mom the matress up and down so when the baby grows you can change it. I got it from target and its really great. just shop around.

elly25
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I would buy a step stool.I'm not very tall and I have to climb on things sometimes to reach them.I use a step stool most of the time.When I can find it that is.I have a crib that has sides that come down.I use it,but it doesn't go down that far.

I was looking at that crib that converts to a toddler bed that some of the mom's had posted on here.How much do they cost?They pricey?

owls

mommyajay
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Thank you all for your advice and help. My so and i went to babies r' us and burlington coat factory a few days ago to look at cribs. There are about 2 that have a   nice high setting for the baby  so it makes it even easier. I probablly looked like a goof standing there bending over all the cribs to see how well i could do to  lay the  baby down. Only like one or two had the drop rail tho! and they were not  necessarily the best in style either lol. Im going to be looking more into the baby tienda crib and also online.Thank you all!

rastafarimama
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 11:29 AM

i like that baby tienda idea and i say go for that one. i wasn't necesarily too short to put my baby in his crib but i had a cesection and couldn't really reach very well. i didn't know about any of these other cribs so we ended up just not using his crib! which turned out to be a waste of money! anywayz good luck with ur findings and i hope u find something that u can be comfortable with! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN