Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Birthday Party (Need ideas)

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM
  • 3 Replies

My daughter will be turning one in December. It'll be very cold here in Wisconsin, and I need some ideas of where to throw a party and what kinds of stuff 2 do.  Family members will be invited and they have kids ranging in ages 18 months to 13.  It'll be cold so we can't do any outdoor activities and I want everyone to be able to have something to do. Any ideas would be great...(The Chuckie Cheese here, sucks!)blowing candles

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Shanxando
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:10 PM

My son's birthday is in November and in Minnesota (so I feel ya on the cold part).  So far all I have planned is using the party room for a friend who lives in a condo. After that, I can't decide so I am posting really for a bump to get more ideas!!! 

Chele1313
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 8:04 AM

I live in PA, DS B day in Nov. We had a duck themed first B day party. Did Pin the beak on the duck and we let the kids blow bubbles for a bit indoors...oriental trading has these great color in place mats and we got those too, that entertained the kids for a bit. We only hand a few kids and they were my sons age and up to 4 so they were entertained more by just running around and having fun, structured games really wouldn't have worked for us. Duck theme was a big hit though. Lots out there for it and it is cute but not to cutesy.... You could play games like duck duck goose though, and get those duck whistlers and let them march around...heck anything that makes noise will make em happy, LOl!

LovinMy2Girlz
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 8:10 AM

I have a little cousin who's birthday is in January - very cold here too this time of year. His mom always does his party at her house. She sets up a room with lots of different things - a table with crayons and paper - a mat with building blocks - a video game area set up for the older kids - a puppet booth ( she puts on a puppet show every birthday) One year she did a carnival theme and had carnival game booths through out her house.. another year she did a treasure hunt though the house.. She shut/locked doors to rooms she didn't want people in then the rest of the house was free range. Then there was another year where she asked everyone to think of a "talent" and she set up a "talent show" She always has the best birthday party ideas!! She has a fairly large home so she has the room to do these things. I hope I could give you some ideas that would work for you.. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)