Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Please pray for my grandmother (UPDATE) (ANOTHER UPDATE)

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 4:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

My grandmother is having back surgery tomorrow (Friday). She has to be there at 8am. Please pray she makes it throug the surgery alright and has a quick recovery. And please pray that this surgery allows her to have less pain, and a better quality of life. She said she just wants to be able to play with her great granddaughter (my dd). Thanks so much ladies.

*UPDATE* The surgery went fine, but she is still in a lot of pain. The meds only help a little They're talking about sending her to rehab for a few days/weeks. Right now if she tries to put ANY weight on her legs she collapses. My brother & brother in law, or stepdad have to pick her up to take her to the bathroom with her back spasming the whole time she's being moved, causing even more pain. She can't even roll herself over in the bed. And she's not eating well. She says nothing taste right and she takes one bite and it makes her nausious. Please keep praying for her speedy recovery.  I hate to see her in pain and not be able to help. Thanks ladies, ya'll are great! 

*UPDATE #2* My grandmother is doing better. They've approved her for rehab for 20 days. We went to see her today and she said she walked, with a walker, across the rehab room, which was pretty far. We met a few of the nurses that will be taking care of her and they all seem really nice. Her room looks more like a hotel room, than a hospital room. I think this rehab thing is going to really help her get back on her feet. She doesn't really like much of the food they have, but we can bring her stuff, or they told her they would fix her a grilled cheese if she wanted, instead of what they've prepared. All in all she's doing pretty well considering she had major surgery less than a week ago. I just want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

April ~ Proud Christian Mommy to August Skyla, Loving Wife to Curtis! Anxiouslyttc  #2

by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
h_anne88
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 10:05 PM

i will say a prayer for your grandmother. good luck and God bless her and your family :)

DDove
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Will Do!!!!

marywilliams
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

AHamrick
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 4:48 PM

bump for update 

April ~ Proud mommy to August Skyla, Loving wife to Curtis, Anxiously ttc#2!

marywilliams
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Glad it all went well.  My dad had surgery (they moved a muscle from his leg to his groin while still attached - long story) and it took quite a while for him to get back on his feet.  He was sent to rehab for a couple of weeks and that did wonders!  He had 24/7 help and we could spend as much time with him as we wanted.  Hopefully your grandmother is up and about in no time!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

AHamrick
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM

bump

April ~ Proud mommy to August Skyla, Loving wife to Curtis, Anxiously ttc#2!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN