Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you know all the words?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 10:22 AM
  • 16 Replies

Is there a children's book that you've read so many times that you've learned all the words? What book is it?

by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Elizabeth
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 10:38 AM

For me and my baby, it's Moo, Ba, La La La. I know all the words and say it to him all the time. It's a lot of fun for me and he really enjoys the animal noises. 

What do you say? (LOL, that's the last line of the book!)

melissab5179
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Brown Bear, Brown Bear is on that we read quite a bit.

Stormywaters03
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Goodnight moon . My DS loves this book because it's that thick cardboard-like material and he can help turn the pages (he's 1).  Also he can make noises as he slides his hand down the page because it squeaks.  Lol.

mommy_mpoon
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I've read "Good-bye Sun, Hello Moon" so many times since my niece was born up until now for my daughter I can say it backwards. Which means I've been reading this book for 13yrs now!

blazinnmilf
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 2:54 PM

ABC's by Dr. Suess....

Big A little a, what begins with A? Aunt Annie's Alligator A, A, A.......

Big Z, little Z, what begins with Z?!!! I DO!!! I'm a Zizzer Zazzer Zuzz as you can plainly see!

Then I add...."the End! Bye Book!" and we wave bye bye....

I've gone in to change a diaper in the middle of the night and recited the entire book to keep her from crying....it's been a while since I read it because DH cringes every time I read it now, but I betcha I could still recite the whole thing.....

bonnielauper
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 11:06 PM

The Napping House, and Oh, Say Can You Say (dr. seuss)

wildflowerkej
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I don't really do kids books too much, my parents started me out on big people books and I was an elevated reader from day one, but I can quote all the words to my read a long tape of Rumplestiltskin from the movie that came out in 1982 with Billy Barty.

Scribble
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 11:21 PM

It's been DD's favourite book since I bought it for her when she was 1 year old. She's now 4 and we both know the whole thing by heart! She's "reading" it to my belly now and says she'll read it to the baby when she comes out of mommy's belly :)

Quoting Stormywaters03:

Goodnight moon. My DS loves this book because it's that thick cardboard-like material and he can help turn the pages (he's 1).  Also he can make noises as he slides his hand down the page because it squeaks.  Lol.

comboc1
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 11:35 PM

ABC's and Mr. Brown Can Moo by Dr Seuss and Brown Bear Brown Bear, Very Hungry Caterpillar, just to name a few. My boys are 2 and 1 and they LOVE to read. They constantly have books in their hands whether we are at home, in the car, or at church.

neeko211
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM

My daughter is a book lover (like her mommy).  I've memorized Baby Angels, Goodnight Moon, and most recently Hop on Pop! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)