Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How often do you bathe your baby?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just curious.  I'm sure this has been asked before but indulge me.

Caroline is 10 months old and I usually put her in the bathtub about once a week.  I do "sponge bathe" her in between, but a bath too often dries out her skin.   I wash the stuff that needs to be done (neck, face, bottom, etc.) when it needs it.

She loves to play in the water so it's not a wind down for the evening kind of thing.  It usually gets her wound up.

How old is your little one and how often do you put him/her in the tub?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Replies (21-23):
shelly69
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:56 AM

My son is 5 months old & I try to bathe him every other day :)

Jin267
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Quoting AngieBaby505:

I have a 2 year old and since she was born I bathe her every day. She has super curly hair so I only wash it once a week {if you wash curly hair too often it dries it out} The only times that I've skipped a day is if she falls alseep before bathtime which has happened only a handful of times..  When my second is born I plan on bathing him every day as well..

**For all you moms who only bathe your children a few times a week. I'm just curious as to why.I don't mean to bash anyone by saying this but I find it kinda gross. My daughter had dry skin when she was a newborn but her pedi never said to cut down on the baths.. I've always made sure to use moisturizing cleanser for her like Aveno or Mustela and salther her down with a rich cream after her bath. And the bathing never made her skin any worse. Even I have really dry skin and exema and I shower every day..

My baby is just about 7 months old and she gets a bath every third day. The Dr.s say it is not necessary to bath your baby so often, think about it,  baby poops everyday she gets her butt and privates washed, she eats she gets  her face, belly, arms and usually the legs washed off. As far as the hair goes and adult isn't even suppose to wash their hair everyday. And besides that what hair,lol. In my opinion twice a week is well enough. The baby is constantly being washed up anyway.

Insomnia232
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:04 PM

At first I gave my son a bath every other day, but when I noticed it relaxed him I started giving him one every night before bed. Now I give him one every night because he needs it lol

Proud step-mommy to Makayla

Proud mommy to Duncan

Happily married to the love of my life <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)