Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Leaking diaper ???

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

All of a sudden my son is leaking through his diapers. I stocked up on Walgreen's diapers because we used them with my DD and had no issues and they were 2.50 a pack!!!! So, like I said, all of a sudden in the last couple of days every time we lay my son down to sleep he leaks through his diaper. It is not that he fills it up, it just shoots up the top. I think it has to do with him sleeping on his side, but why all of a sudden and is there anything I can do to fix it without switching diapers? I have a lot left to use.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker, Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kittie26
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Strap it down!! LOL Sorry... I have a girl, so I have no clue.

marywilliams
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM

We use cloth, so I can't help.  Caroline peed through the few disposables we did use.  Sorry I'm no help.

Here's a bump for you anyway.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

LaughterHugs
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

same here :)

Quoting marywilliams:

We use cloth, so I can't help.  Caroline peed through the few disposables we did use.  Sorry I'm no help.

Here's a bump for you anyway.

LaughterHugsfinal.gif picture by LoriBMom03

Cafe Elizabeth
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:24 PM

I have three boys and this has happened with all three of them at one time or another. My advice is to make sure his penis is pointed down. For a short time with each, I was using two diapers -- one put on the correct way, and one put on backwards just in case.That way, there was more coverage in case he was leaking.

babyfieldgrove
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Don't know if this will help..butmy son did that when he was first born...we had to make sure his "tinkie" was pointing down so he would pee in the diaper not out the top!  sounds silly I know but it worked! 

carinyosa99
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Sounds like it's a combination of the position and maybe he is ready for the next size up.  If it's only at night, I'd suggest double diapering - get larger diapers and layer them.  Buy a pack the next size up, try them out and see if you're still having the same problem.  If you're not having any leaking, then see if you can trade in the smaller diapers for the larger diapers.  I would think they'd let you do that considering they're store brand and there is nothing to prove that they were bought at Walgreens.

tramcd
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 8:26 AM

I have the same problem with my son.  I always make sure his penis is down, but it still leaks out.  We have tried the next size up and overnight diapers and that has not helped.  I might have to try the double diapering that a cople of posters talked about. 

baby boy           toddler girl

Aiden 11/24/2008           Meredith 08/10/2007 

NSeni
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 8:34 AM

this used to happen to my son as well. i just went a size up at night in LUVS or HUGGIES. they are better fit then the store bought brands. congrats on using walgreens diapers- i use walgreens pull ups! lol. $5 a pack. woo! 

expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 30, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Ok I had the same problem with my son. The only thing that works for him is pampers. I tried all the cheap brands and they all leaked until I got to the pampers so I stick with those now. Also, my doctor at the hospital had me roll down the top of the diaper a little bit (make sure if is rolled in not out) so that it would help catch it. I hope this helps you. Good luck.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)