Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holy crap.... chipped tooth

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:50 AM
  • 2 Replies

So my son is a couple days shy of 16 months and tonight when i went to brush his teeth I noticed that one of his front teeth is chipped, like the corner. I'm freaking out saying we need to call a dentist cuz i don't want something to cause it to rot or to be painful for him but of course my dh is calm as always saying it will be ok. I don't know if he bit something that chipped it (he's still biting everything) or if when he fell down today he hit his mouth.... I just don't know. Any advice?

by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Jin267
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 1:02 AM

My nephew chipped his tooth but his went aways up toward the gum and we took him in and it was not near the nerve. So if its in the corner not toward the middle or top of the tooth then I would say they wont do anything because it is his baby tooth.

darbie2008
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 8:39 AM

my son just did this last weeked i took him to the dentist on tuseday  just to make sure it wasnt bad bc he wouldnt let me fully look at it ..the dentist said it is fine and there is nothing to do since it is a baby tooth and the chip is not exposing the root or anthing but he did say to keep an eye on it and to bring him back in if he gets in irratation on his lip mouth or tounge then he will polish the tooth to smooth out the sides also if he gets apimple like thing jsut above the tooth to bring him in bc its infected. we also go back in at the end of dec to check on it again to make sure nothing has changed

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)