Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Losing the last 7 pounds...

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 7:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'd really like to lose the rest of my baby weight, but it's hard to forgo all the delicious candy and treats this time of year. I ride my bicycle and run about 3 times a week, but I can't lose the last 7. 

I'm no good at diets, but I feel like if I gave up ONE thing, then I would be able to make a dent in my weight-loss goal.

Starting Monday, November 2nd I'm going to give up sugar sweets (candy, ice cream, marshmallows, sugar in my coffee, pie, cake, cupcakes and the other yummy treats not on this list).

I'm going to challenge myself to do this until the Sunday before Thanksgiving: November 22nd. It's also the day before my middle son turns 3 -- and I really want to eat cake with him!

Oh, and I'm also not going to eat after 8 PM (that's my other diet downfall).

Anyone else want to give up one thing too? I'd love the company, and it's easier to do it with buddies!

Looking forward to setting this goal and sticking to it!

-- Elizabeth

Edited: By the way, I'm not an expert in this at all...just a mom looking to lose some weight. If you're thinking about giving something up or changing your lifestyle somehow and have questions, be sure to ask your doctor!

by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cafe Elizabeth
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Okay, officially starting now..since it's after 8 PM EST.

Hope you'll join me!

-- Elizabeth

Kittie26
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I definitely wil! I was just looking through a million pictures of me on facebook and decided it was time to drop the last 10 lbs from having Aly. I'd gained 50 when I was pregnant with her, lost 30 in the first three weeks, lost 10 more when I stopped BFing, and now I'm left with the stubborn 10 I'd lost right BEFORE I got pregnant. I have a terrible habit of not leaving enough time for breakfast in the morning and grabbing Mcdonalds breakfast on my drive to work. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to get up 15 mintues earlier and eat cereal before I run out the door.

Best of luck to you Elizabeth! I'll let you know how dropping McDonalds works for me. I hope dropping sweets and late-night food works for you!

ZaneMichaelsMom
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 10:56 PM

i got like 20lbs i would like to lose, soo ill join you too..Ill give up sweets and junk food, which i no i shouldnt be eating.. but they are soo good...

good luck!!

does not eating late, after 8,  really help u lose weight?

marywilliams
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I'll offer moral support, but I'm having trouble maintaining my weight.... I'm on the morning sickness diet right now.  I was lucky to be able to lose all my weight fast (although not everything went back to where it was!) thanks to a 4 year old stepdaughter, crazy dog and reflux baby.  Not much time to eat!

When my dad thought he needed to lose a few pounds, he would just cut out eating bread.  That always seemed to work for him.  I love bread, so I'm not sure I could do that.  He had willpower!

This is a hard time of year for people watching their weight!  Good luck to you all!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

Cafe Elizabeth
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 7:11 AM

This is great! I'm glad you mentioned getting up earlier, because this doesn't just have to be about giving something up, it can also be about changing your lifestyle some other way too. I'm not sure about whether not eating after 8 makes any real difference, I just know I feel better when I'm not up late eating (I used to have a bowl of cereal at night sometimes).

Thanks for the moral support too! Ugh, the morning sickness diet is no fun. Feel better soon!

-- Elizabeth

Cafe Elizabeth
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 12:00 PM

So far, Day One is going well. Walked right past the box of Sweeties. Bought myself a couple of apples to keep at work with me today.

How's everyone else doing?

-- Elizabeth

Kittie26
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 3:04 PM

NOT good here. I woke up earlier, ate the cereal, but was still hungry on my way to work and stopped at McDonalds. UGH! So in my attempt to eat less and better, I ate MORE and worse! How awful! lol

Cafe Elizabeth
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Oh, that's just a minor setback... it's hard to break old habits! I definitely ate more yesterday since I was avoiding sweets, but today I'm less hungry. I started today by drinking 2 full glasses of water and that really made me feel great!

I hope you'll continue on...

Anyone else want to join us?

-- Elizabeth

Butter331
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 3:25 AM

I have 5 baby pounds left and another 10 on top of that I could really use to lose. I'll jump in here to keep myself honest. :) I have a weakness for sweets, cookies especially, so I will give those up at least until Thanksgiving. I also need to get myself in gear and work out regularly, I can't make myself get into any sort of routine.  Thanks for the motivation. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)