Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what's the one thing you don't leave home without?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 8:05 PM
  • 22 Replies

When you're going out with your baby to run errands or take a walk, what's the one baby thing you don't leave home without? Was it something you registered for or something you discovered the importance of after your baby was born?

by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOnLI
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 8:06 PM

my diaper bag.

Cafe Elizabeth
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 8:10 PM

When we go out to run errands or go to the park, I HAVE to bring a toy with us in case he gets fussy in a store or along the way. The toy itself doesn't really matter, but what does matter is that I bring this amazingly simple piece of nylon with snaps on it. I can attach any toy to the stroller so that it doesn't fall on the dirty city streets. I just looked it up and it's called "secure-a-toy" and made by Baby Buddy.

I still can't believe that with all of the expensive stuff out there for us to buy, my must-have cost less than $2.50 each. I wish everything was that inexpensive!

-- Elizabeth

armywife43
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 9:01 PM

well to run errands it's diapers and wipes. actually, that's about it for everywhere i go. i don't bring them into the store either, i just leave them in the car. for on walks though, i don't bring anything, just the stroller for dd.

i do have a bag of "happy meal" toys in the car. whenever they get a happy meal they can play with it in the car then it goes in the bag. that way if they want a toy i just reach over and toss it to 'em.

imasurvivor
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 9:17 PM

family car      "The black baby bag"...

it has EVERYTHING in it! 

momtoezzie
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Diaper bag!

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

jeenw1019
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 9:20 PM

If I just have to run out really quick, like to get milk I take a burp rag because my DD has reflux and sometimes spits up.  If we are going somewhere for a while the whole diaper bag goes.

babytugz
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 9:26 PM

of course the normal things like dipers wipes ect. but i had acid reflux babies so id have to agree with another poster and say burp cloths  .i used cloth dipers as burp cloths as they hold more and absorbe better than most burp cloths ive ever seen or used.

My 8 yr old daughter donated to

Mama_Mandy085
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 11:03 PM

I always took a diaper bag with diapers, wipes, extra clothes, sippy cups/bottles, etc. but now i take one or 2 diapers and wipes if we are gonna be visitings omeone or gone for more than an hour or 2. my oldest is potty trained and my youngest is almost 2 so we dont take much with us anymore.

marywilliams
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 11:21 PM

We have to take the "normal" stuff we need for an 11 month old baby.  Now, we have to make sure we have a pair of shoes.  Caroline has learned to walk and wants to walk when we go out.  I'm so used to taking her barefoot, that sometimes I forget.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

terribeari
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Sippy cup and snack cup, that will usually buy me 30 minutes of relative peace to get errands done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)