Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

The "New Mommy" look?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 7:52 AM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: When was the last time you got a hair cut?

Options:

Recently, within the last month

Three months ago

Six months ago

A year or more

Hair cut, what is that?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

Anyone else but me sporting the "I am too tired, and don't have time to do my hair (or even get a hair cut!)" new mom look?  It seems like I never have time for those little things, even a hair cut.  The last hair cut I had was a year ago, and before that it was 4 years.. yikes!  So when was the last time you got a hair cut or took some time for anything like that?

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Unique Baby Names, Children's Health Issues
Join us in the Pregnancy Group or Babies Group
Amber, Pregnancy and Babies Group Mod

by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miss_hughes
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 7:56 AM

i got one when i graduated school in feb. i dont like cutting my hair, i like to let it grow out. but i usually keep it in a pony tail. so im deff. supporting the "mommy look"

chamelinmom
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 7:57 AM

i have extreemly thick hair. when people hear that, they are like well so do i blablabla. Then when they see it or feel it, they realize i mean extreemly thick hair!!! well i got it cut short then i went to get just a tiny bit more off and this was a different stylest. well long story short, she cut it 3 inchs top and an inch in the back and that was it. all my wounderful hair was gone, I had to wear a bandana for months until i could put it half up. ill say this, she had brand new sisors and when she was done cutting my hair, they were dull(how thick). Well i dont look good in a fro so i couldnt wear my hair out at all and even to this day i am bairly wearing it up and when i let it out i have a bush for a haircut. Right now im a sahm, so its not too bad, but i dont think ill ever get it cut shorter again

nily
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:01 AM

It have been 3 or more years since the last time I  cut my hair. Is very long now and I plan on letting it grow longer.

Kittie26
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:27 AM

I go in phases. I let my hair get really long, then I get tired of it, and cut it all off. Last time I cut it all off was in June 2007 -- Two years before I had my baby (she's an only child at a whopping 5 months). And when I cut it that time, I didn't like it as much as all the other times I'd cut it. I just love my long hair too much. Maybe I'll be singing a different tune in another two years when I'm tired of it. The cycle usually takes four years for me to complete!

I do think it's been over a year since I even got a trim though, so maybe I'll get my bff to come over and do that for me. I just basically pull my hair back at home and wash it (!) and leave it down for the 3 days I go into the office.

imasurvivor
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:47 AM

AM-BRAT
by Member on Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I did it too!! I gave two! (pigtails, I have AOT of hair)

So, I just had my hair cut, but I only do it once a year on average.

Quoting imasurvivor:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

AM-BRAT
by Member on Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

aikenchic
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:35 AM

I got my long hair cut short into a bob in March right before I found out I was pregnant.  When I started taking prenatal vitamins my hair really started to grow fast!  It usually gorws fast anyways and in order to keep a hairstyle I have to get it trimmed avery 3 weeks.  My hair was chin length in May and now it is below my shoulders.  I am waiting until my LO comes and I can get off these vitamins before I fork out another $70 to get it cut again.  I know that sounds like alot of money and there ARE cheaper places to go, but when I go to those places I end up scalped with no style at all.  I don't want a hairt cut, I want a hair style, so I go to a stylist.

gacgbaker
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Quoting imasurvivor:

The cut looks super cute on you, and what a great thing for you to do! 

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Unique Baby Names, Children's Health Issues
Join us in the Pregnancy Group or Babies Group
Amber, Pregnancy and Babies Group Mod

xotee2006
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM

I got a hair cut within the last 3-6 months.. but only because my brothers ex g/f comes to my house and does it.  (she works at a salon) ... if I didn't have her. i would probably be like you.  its not on the top of my priority list.  but in August I did go with a girlfriend and get a pedicure. my very first (sad)  I loved it and would love another. but unfortunately I don't have time. Since to get one I have to travel 30-45mins away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN