Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Diapers Stink But...

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 8:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

...I do change them!  Sometimes I think that the friends I had before kids think that I smell like dirty diapers or something!  It seems like they never come around anymore.  After my first was born, I never saw them... now that I am on #3, I am lucky if I get a Facebook message once a year from them.  It makes me a little sad to know that the friends I had before kids are gone. 

How about you?  Did you keep the same friends after your baby arrived?

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Unique Baby Names, Children's Health Issues
Join us in the Pregnancy Group or Babies Group
Amber, Pregnancy and Babies Group Mod

by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
marywilliams
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Heck no!  I have a few that I'm still close to but not many.  Most of my "friends" have yet to even see Caroline.  She'll be a year on November 27th.  Come to think of it, they haven't seen our house either and we're coming up on 2 years in this house!

How sad!  Luckily, I have a bunch of new mommy friends to spend time with.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

mommy_mpoon
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 4:24 AM

Our situation is a little different, we moved away before we had kids so most of our friends are back home. The new friends we made here are nice but yet most of them either single or no children. So when baby arrived, we still kept in touch with our old friends or at least most of them but the people we "hang out" with are friends we've met that also have family.

It just makes things much easier to have friends that understand the lifestyle of parenting. We can't just "Pick up and go out" like we'd want to and sometimes schedules get hectic...meeting times are never "On Time" and the events we do are more family oriented with occassional drinks in the house with friends and family while the kids are playing or even sleeping (like a big everyone's kids just sleep at our house).

Georgie0502
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 8:57 AM

i dont keep in contact with my friends as much, but its not because i have a baby. they love my daughter nearly as much as I do. But I dont drive, and SO works an odd shift (he gets home, literally RIGHT at DDs bedtime) plus he works every other weekend. so, we dont have much time to see anybody, plus on his weekends off and when we can manage to visit someone, its usually left to family obligations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN