Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

those with 1-2 month old babies want to chat?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 7:45 AM
  • 11 Replies

Maybe not a chat in a chat room but just start a thread here where we can all talk about our positives and negatives of parenting a newborn. Actually, are they still newborns at almost 2 months old? I really don't know. ;-)  I for one would love to have others to talk to and vent to. For instance, sleeping at night, ugh. I really wish I knew other moms that are going through it right now that can sympathize with me. I'd love support there.

by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jemia
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Sure I'd be happy to chat about our babies. Boy or girl? How old is he/she? When were they born?

CafeMom Tickers
supermama68
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:04 PM

A girl, born 9/22/09. She'll be 7 weeks tomorrow. What about your child?

Is this your first?

Are you finding anything particularly tough about parenting a newborn?

I'm finding the night wakings tougher than last time around. I guess because I'm older now and it's been sooo long since I've had a baby in the house. I wish I had better coping mechanisms in place. I feel so alone at night when I'm awakened and she won't go back to sleep. I know I'm not the first or the only one to go through the night wakings but that doesn't make it any easier. ugh.

Jemia
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:37 AM

A boy, he was born 9/17/09. No he is my third. He is already sleeping through the night so I don't have to go through that anymore. It is hard when all three of them are screaming at the same time.

CafeMom Tickers
lindamomof473
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Hi my name is Linda and I would love to chat about our precious bundles of joy baby in sling

I have a boy and he was born on Sept 7th. He is my 5th child! I do agree that getting up in the middle of the night is hard. Thats my only complaint but I do try to stay positive that its only temporary. I know that soon enough he will be walking and talking and then I will find myself wanting to do it all over again! I do bug my husband to try and stay up with me when my little guy does wake in the middle of the night. My little guy is usually sleeping by 11:30pm and usually is good until about 4 or 5 in the morning.

kitten_shuga
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Hi, I am Kelly and this is Jett...He was born on October 4th. I also have an 8 year old son named Xhander, so it's been really different adjusting from having a big kid to having a newborn again. (I still think they are newborns, til they are about 3 months or so, then they can be babies, lol) I am going to try to break the habit of sleeping on the couch, upright, holding Jett all night. I never ever put him down, and it's getting a little rough when I have things to do! I still want to hold him all day everyday, but, it would be nice if I could cook dinner or get the dishes done or something. My other trial right now is Jett has started going through a fussy stage in the evenings. Its not too bad, but he used to never ever cry about anything, and now he does a little and it is sad. I hate hearing my baby cry. We spend lots of time walking around the house!

supermama68
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Quoting Jemia:

A boy, he was born 9/17/09. No he is my third. He is already sleeping through the night so I don't have to go through that anymore. It is hard when all three of them are screaming at the same time.

how did you get him to sleep through the night? Is he formula or breast fed? My son (now a teenager) also slept through the night by 3 mos old and has always been an excellent sleeper at night, even when sick. Something about girls I guess...lol. They're just more stubborn about it.

erica243446
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 5:23 PM

ya! Im erica. i have a boy, drake. he was born 9/18. hell be 2 months next week!

MyIslandGirls
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Hello! I'm Candice! I have a baby who is 5 weeks old!

I have 2 other children, both girls ages 8 and 3. This baby is my 3rd child and 1st son!

His name is Matteo and he was born Oct 3rd.

He does nurse ALOT! He is currently over 12 lbs. I feel like a milk machine most days, and all i do is nurse, nurse, nurse. it also seems like as soon as he realizes I hvae left the room.... he freaks out. and if i come back into a room.. it's like he smells me and immediately wants me.

my personal hygene has taken a nose dive lately (gross... i know!) mostly because i can't seem to get anything dones because he screams all the time! I can't put him down or he'll cry.  He and I are starting to figure each other out though.... it's taking a while.

I had reservations about having a boy while i pregnant... although we didn't find out the sex in utereo.. I just KNEW i was having a boy because i was miserable the whole pregnancy, and i wasn't with my girls. (Only a boy would do that... lol) but I must say.. boys are great!!

Matteo is starting to smile now... it's still very rare to get a smile from him... i know he's a bit young yet to respond to someone smiling at him (with a smile) but this afternoon he was in a very good mood and when i talked to him, he gave me a big smile! (or at least it looked like a smile) then he immediately gave me "The pouty lip" look.... I couldn't help but giggle.... lol

For those of you who have more than one child.... how does your new baby compare tempermentally to your other child at the same age?

I AM....
a mom of two Girls and one BABY BOY!!! Matteo Christophe Louie born Oct 3rd 2009!!7 lbs 15 oz 22 inches!!
 In love with the guy of my dreams! I AM CANADIAN! 
"A child needs your love more when he deserves it least."  - Erma Bombech -American Humourist

Jemia
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Quoting supermama68:

Quoting Jemia:

how did you get him to sleep through the night? Is he formula or breast fed? My son (now a teenager) also slept through the night by 3 mos old and has always been an excellent sleeper at night, even when sick. Something about girls I guess...lol. They're just more stubborn about it.

I don't know what I did to get him to sleep through night but he usually doesn't fall asleep for the night until about 1030 or 11 so maybe that's why. He is formula fed.

CafeMom Tickers
supermama68
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 11:48 AM

We go to bed pretty early in our house because DH has to get up early and leave for work each day, so that's probably why the baby sleeps differently. I'm sure she will get better as time goes on.

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

For those of you who have more than one child.... how does your new baby compare tempermentally to your other child at the same age?

Mine have all been different. First baby very laid back, he was super calm, only cried if he wanted something like food, diaper change, sleep - the ideal perfect first baby. Our second baby, a daughter, was super hard, cried all the time, couldn't be soothed, very colicky...ugh. Now at age 7 that DD is still a very sensitive child. This baby, also a daughter, is a lot like my oldest child was.

~*~over 40 mom to three, (1) teenage boy and (2) girls....age 7 & DD born 9/09

I'm a formula feeding/breastfeeding, disposable diapering,
co-sleeping, c-section mamaX3, baby-wearing, pro-circumcision, pacifier allowing, homeschooling, work-at-home mom to my childrren.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)