Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does your little one drink?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:42 AM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: What do your kids drink most?

Options:

Milk

Water

Juice

A mix of all three

Other?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

My kiddos have never really done the "juice" thing, we stick mostly to milk and water and of course for my 5 month old she is on breastmilk... I always wondered if I am weird for not giving my kids juice, so what do your little ones drink most of the time?  Is it weird that I don't do juice?

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Unique Baby Names, Children's Health Issues
Join us in the Pregnancy Group or Babies Group
Amber, Pregnancy and Babies Group Mod

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyJ0697
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:52 AM

My kids drink all three mostly...my 3yr old LOVES milk and juice the most though and my older girls [11,9 and 5] drink mostly juice or water. My 20m old loves his juice and milk before nap/bed. And my 10m old has soy formula and diluted apple juice or orange juice.

I am a proud mommy of 6 beautiful children 2 heavenly angels, and a 16yr old SD I CIO, formula feed, forward face, circumsize, use epidurals, c-sections from now until I'm done with kids, Child led weaninf of bottles and pacis,, divorced and loving my new man, and I don't care what you think of me! Emmalyn Renee, Caitlyn Taylor, Cassidy Rose, Caralyn Michela (rip), Clara Delores, Jack Daniel, James David, Jordan Douglas, Josiah Douglas (rip), and Baby Bradner!!

pregnancy

jeenw1019
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I dont think its weird at all.  My DD is 7 months and only gets formula.  I keep hearing we might want to give her juice but I think she is too young and I just dont think she needs it.

KaileezMom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Our DD didnt have any bit of a juice until she was about 10 months old. Even then (and now) it is 75% water. She really doesnt want to drink plain water but i put barely any juice in there and she drinks it. She drinks all milk and one serving of the water(juice) a day. :)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
meghan925
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM
100 percent juice and chocolate milk. That's it.

Im a proud 18 year old mommy to my beautiful 2 year old Alaina Marie

terribeari
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM

My 4 month old, of cours only has breast milk, my 2year old gets water and milk at home. When we go out to eat, he gets apple juice if it comes with his meal. I dilute it at least half with water, but he still thinks it a special treat

BigOlMommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM

My son drinks about 20 oz of milk per day & then he will have as much water as he wants once he's finished that.

He will occasionally have juice, but it is literally a splash of juice in a cup of water. There is no nutritional need for juice, since he gets vitamin C from fresh fruits & veggies, & I don't feel that he needs to have a bunch of sugar in his mouth for no reason.

My SO's grandmother starts an argument with me over the juice thing EVERY time I see her. I just want to strangle her. "I have 5 kids & they all drank juice all the time!" Ok, well you're youngest is over 40 yrs old, so how about mind your own business, lady!

Jemia
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:31 AM

My older two drink mostly milk and my 1 month old just drinks formula.

CafeMom Tickers
mommy_mpoon
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:37 PM

My 3yr old daughter chooses to drink mostly water and 16-24oz of milk daily. Once in a while, when I'm drinking OJ she'd take afew sips from me but has never asked me for juices on her own. My 1yr old son only drinks milk (Step 2 Formula) and water.

We never did intentionally introduce juices or other drinks to the children. I do however offer the real fruit to them as snacks.

Armywife6
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Flavored milk- strawberry or chocolate mostly every once in a while he'll just drink his milk white but not usually. 100% juice.

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

Georgie0502
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Kendall drinks 3 "sippies" of milk a day (one with each meal) one of juice and we give her one with water otherwise. she will NEVER ever drink the water, but we are trying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)