Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many poops a day?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

It's amazing how poop and pee have become regular words out of my mouth since having children. And, not just the words, but the number associated with each one!

And, the number of times a baby poops -- or doesn't poop -- each day is top-of-mind and a source of stress for many moms.

How old is your baby and how many times does s/he baby poop a day?

-- Elizabeth

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Cafe Elizabeth
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

My 10-month-old usually poops 2 - 3 times a day. Once in the morning -- after he's been up for about an hour. And once in the late afternoon. There's sometimes a "wildcard" poop after dinner. LOL!

-- Elizabeth

j2ul1y
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM

my 7 1/2 week old son poop lke 2 times for every time he eats. its rediculous! i dont know why he poops so much, cause i dont breast feed, and i always thought formula fed babies pooped way less 

Armywife6
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM

My 19 month old usually poops once a day or at least once every other day. Some times he'll poop a couple times a day but generally it's once.  We feed him at minimum 1 fruit cup a day to help.

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

mommy_mpoon
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:42 PM

My son is 12months and he's a pooppy guy, average around 3-4 a day since birth. Our Ped says it's absolutely fine and it just shows that his digestive systerm is very strong, as long as the poop looks "normal".

My daughter is 3yr and she usually goes just once a day...once in a while she'll go twice but that's rare.

Mommy2Goobeegoo
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:59 PM
My 22 month old has his daily constitutional every morning after he's been awake for about an hour. Sometimes after a weekend of off-schedule mealtimes he will go more than once. This is much more frequent than his first year, though. While he was breast feeding he would only poop about once a week! It used to keep me up nights and was something I kept track of on the calendar. So glad he's a little more dependable these days.
AnnasMom0716
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:53 AM

My 4 month old daughter poops once a day, sometimes twice. 

Jemia
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:23 AM

My 1 month old poops 1-2 times a day.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)