Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

flat head!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

i THINK drake is gettin a flat head. im so scared. but he hates being on his stomach!!!!!! hell sleep on his tummy sometimes but other than that, he throws a fit. i try to put him in different things; bouncer, swing, crib, our bed, etc. what else can i do?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cafe Elizabeth
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:33 AM

My friend had a similar issue and she brought her baby to the doctor just to double check. It turned out that he didn't have a flat head, but the Dr. was glad she brought the baby in just in case. Sounds like you're doing all the right stuff!

-- Elizabeth

Army_Wife41
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Yeah. My son has a flat spot on the right side of his head. For the first 2 months of his life, he REFUSED to have his head turned to the left. I mentioned it to the doctor at his well baby appt. a couple of months ago, and they said to just keep trying to get him off of that spot. So, I put him to sleep on his left side (he has finally gotten used to that), and pretty much keep him off of his head for the rest of the time. The doctor says if it gets worse, or shows no improvement by his next well baby appt, we will discuss what to do next.

Where is the spot that you are noticing it? Does he favor one side of his head or another? Have you tried putting him on the side that is not flat to sleep (meaning literally on his side)?

baby

CafeMom Tickers

erica243446
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 12:17 AM

its right in back of his head. when he was born he favoerd a side, but not really now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)