Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

christmas gifts for 1 yr. old

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM
  • 16 Replies

I need some ideas for my  1 yr. old daughter. We arent spending a lot on christmas this year, but each of our kids is getting a few gifts. Here is my problem; our two 1/2 yr. old has EVERYTHING. lol (her grandparents really spoil her) So we have all the dolls, kitchen sets, blocks and most younger toddler toys already. Any input would be helpful as we want to have our shopping done within the next two weeks. THANKS!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tr83angel
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I bought my girls who also have EVERYTHING, desks that are also easels from step 2. They love to draw and paint so I think theyll love them.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I saw a new toy at walmart that I am buying for my son. It is like a drawing/ scribble table but as they draw it makes music and the faster they scribble, the faster the music is. It sounds really neat.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

torttia
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Get things YOU need for her, clothes, diapers, food, and just some things you think are cute. I am getting my son food and my brother in law (he will be 5 months) food. It is things that you can use, she won't really understand all that is going on so make it stuff useful lol.

Photobucket
XOXOnBubbles
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Think of stuff that she needs.  This can be clothes, bibs, snacks, new shoes, new sippy cup, snack containers etc.

Look at sales.  I LOVE the dollar store, and After Halloween clearance on costumes, for cheap dress-up clothes for my kids.

Get crafty.  You can paint some wooden letters (spelling her name) to hang on her wall.  Do you know how to quilt, crochet etc.?  You can buy a frame and then make it personal by decorating it, and putting a favorite picture or poem inside. 

Notice what she loves to play with.  Does she love her play kitchen, but could use some more play food?  Would she like some more clothes for her dolls?  Is there a toy that she runs to when you go to a friend's house that she doesn't already have?  Etc. ...

Think of the car.  She may have lots of toys at home, but does she have anything to entertain her when she is stuck in her carseat?  They make some pretty cool travel toys that you can keep in your car.

Proud wife, and mama of 2 boys.

in love  kitetoddler boy

kgalvano
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:03 PM

think about what she likes and just get her that. maybe some craft things.

bonitamomma3
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I have no idea about a girl.  My son will be 13 months and we got him some of the little people sets, and a giant tonka truck.  His birthday is next week and getting lots of clothes from my parents and us so i figured christmas could be for some new toys.

How about board books?  My son loves those.  He opens them and looks at pictures and loves when we read to him.

peacefulhippie
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:55 AM

i know when my son was 1 he loved his push toys, the ones they can put their weight on a little so it helps them to walk without  a walker. he loved that thing.  it helped him learn to walk too. he started walking like less then a week after he turned one and i think that since he had a push walking toy i think it helped alot. plus he loved to push that thing everywhere and still loves push toys now and hes almost 1 1/2 now. my nephew plays with em too and hes 2 1/2

Armywife6
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Think of the future. At my baby shower I got dishes for my DS, yes he wasn't going to be use them as soon as he was born but when we started him on solids they came in handy. So think out a few months in advanced.

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

LoveMy2Boys426
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM

I'm with everyone else, get something unique or educational.  My daughter LOVES books but the hard backs are so much more expensive but needed since she likes to rip the pages.  She'll be getting into using utensils soon so you could get her some special ones.  My aunt came my daughter a gorgeous plastic spoon and fork set that says "The Princess Eats".  She's 15 months and the fork is perfect because it's not sharp and she loves to eat her eggs with it and be like mommy and daddy.  My mom already told me she's buying my daughter some Baby Einstein movies for Christmas so that could be a good idea.  Or a gingerbread house that you could build together.  I already got my daughter 2 cheap presents at Ross.  We got her a Disney Princess phone... it's furry and the numbers make lots of noises and a princess art set that has crayons, markers, colored pencils, and princess coloring pages since she loves to color.

ZaneMichaelsMom
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM

My son is going to be 18 mths this Christmas and we are getting him a tool bench set, he is always trying to help his daddy fix things, and my dd is going to be 6 mths and we are getting her a lil kitchen.. she wont be able to use it right away but she will grow into it! we are also getting lil things like a new tooth brush of my son and the big fat crayons plus a few note books for him to color in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)