Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First haircut

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:53 PM
  • 14 Replies

Our little boy (17 months) got his first haircut yesterday.  I am so sad that he doesn't look like a baby anymore.  BTW, I actually teared up...it was very emotional for me!  I'd love to see before and after photos of your child's first haircut. 

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Karleen123
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:22 PM

don't have any before adn after pictures but your little boy is adorable

expectantmom81
by Erin on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Well, you know it is funny. My DH and I own a barber shop and we have not given our DS his first haircut yet (he is 16 months). I always kinda chuckled at those moms that didn't want to cut the curls off and now I am doing the same. DH has wanted to cut it for a few months now. I think we will be doing it soon and I will post pics when we do. Your little boy is sooooo cute with his big boy cut =]

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

marywilliams
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM

We had Caroline's trimmed back in July, she was just over 7 months.  Her hair was in her eyes and tickling her nose.

Here's before....

and after.....

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

firenicecream
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I didn't take before and afters but I have the curls. I cut my LOs hair myself. It costs $1 less for kids than for adults and I think that's corny. LOL!

newmom2be08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I know what you mean.  It isn't cheap and considering that we have a boy, he will need to have his hair cut more often than a girl would...ugh!  I tried to cut his hair, but I am not a very good hair stylist...LOL!  It was time to get it done by a professional. 

Quoting firenicecream:

I didn't take before and afters but I have the curls. I cut my LOs hair myself. It costs $1 less for kids than for adults and I think that's corny. LOL!

newmom2be08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Awwww...she is adorable!  Our son's hair was getting long too.  I was always trying to sweep it to the side, but it would stay for about two seconds...LOL! 

Quoting marywilliams:

We had Caroline's trimmed back in July, she was just over 7 months.  Her hair was in her eyes and tickling her nose.

Here's before....

and after.....

momtoezzie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:21 PM
What a handsome guy!

newmom2be08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Thanks!  DH has been wanting him to get a haircut for months, but I kept putting it off.  I just wasn't ready to let go of my baby!  I can't wait to see the pics of your little man after his first haircut. 

Quoting expectantmom81:

Well, you know it is funny. My DH and I own a barber shop and we have not given our DS his first haircut yet (he is 16 months). I always kinda chuckled at those moms that didn't want to cut the curls off and now I am doing the same. DH has wanted to cut it for a few months now. I think we will be doing it soon and I will post pics when we do. Your little boy is sooooo cute with his big boy cut =]

newmom2be08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Thank you!

Quoting Karleen123:

don't have any before adn after pictures but your little boy is adorable

newmom2be08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Thank you!  I wish he was still a baby, though.  I am one of those moms that isn't ready to let go, I guess.  Even though his haircut is cute, it is still taking me time to get used to it.  He looks so grown up now. *SIGH*

Quoting momtoezzie:

What a handsome guy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)