Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas traditions passed on

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

I thought it would be nice to hear about family traditions that you might be passing on to your little ones. Maybe some of us might get some ideas that we would like to do. It can even be a new tradition that maybe you are just starting.

When my sisters and I were growing up there were two big things we did every December. The first thing we did was every night right before bed our dad would read us Twas The Night Before Christmas. It was really special for us. I now do that with my DS. The other things we did was the advent callendar. Every day we would wake up to see what exciting prize was in there. Usually it would be a piece of candy or something simple but some days there would be a note telling us to search somewhere. Then another note and another for like 10 notes and then a bigger prize like a big cookie or a movie. It was so fun to run up and down the stairs waiting to see what was next. One time that was extra special, we all had a note saying good for one story read by dad. He read If you give a mouse a cookie and then when he finished, he told us that we were going to the pet store to pick out our own mice. It was so exciting. I plan to follow that tradition with him too. There is one new thing that I have decided to start and that is buying him an ornament every year and keeping them packed away safe so that when he grows up and has a place of his own, he will have an entire collection for hs own tree. I can't wait to hear what everyone else will be doing.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jajamama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM

somethign i ddi while growing up was to have a christmass tree decorating party which was so much fun we invited friends and family over for pizza and music and would have snacks and stuff and all decorate the tree together we woudl do this early in december so then all month whenever i would look at the tree and rember the fun time we had decorating it

CafeMom Tickers
rosa08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:11 PM

growing up we went to church christmas eve and then we each got to open one gift and before bed we always baked cookies for santa .then when we went to bed my mom would sneak into the bedroom and make foot prints with the fake snow saying that santa came into our room to check if we where sleeping .i do it now for my kids and they love it when they wake up in the morning and think santa came into the bedroom to check on them .

Karleen123
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:15 PM

we had an asvent callender with clues for where to find candy:) and on Christmas eve it was always a new pair of PJs:) I still look forward to getting my new pajamas from my mom

shortie01
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:25 PM

When my mom was little my grandparents would have Christmas breakfast at their house for the family and some of their friend. We still have breakfast every year. What I do is every year since I was 16 (when I got my first job) I will buy my mom a sweater. She love all the sweaters I buy her.

Wife to Chermark Mother of Sanai age 2 Jayden age 1  and  Baby #3 due in May 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)