Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stretch marks

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:48 PM
  • 20 Replies

So I have to vent. I just read an online post from another website in which a woman said that if you used lotion during your pregnancy you wouldn't get a single stretch mark....Well, I applied lotion twice a day every day from the time I was 15 weeks until the morning I had my daughter. I have a tummy full of stretch marks! I am still applying lotion twice a day and my daughter is 10 months old. Does anyone else have this same issue or am I a freak of nature?! Ok feel better now!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SieversSeven
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Some woman just don't get them .. I have 5 wonderful babies & I have Stretch marks from the first one!  Your Not a freak!  lol .. your a momma!

group hug      The Sievers Seven!

Karleen123
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Lotion can help but it really all depends on your skin. i used lotion like crazy and am still covered in stretched marks, but my sister in law had twins got huge and has 1 stretch mark that's an inch long. I'm so jealouse. They won't ever go away comepletely but the color will fade and they'll become much less noticable it just takes time. Don't let that ruin your self confidence though You're still beautiful even with them. My cousins DR called them badges of houner :)

expectantmom81
by Erin on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Everyone is different. I have a friend that has none but I have a ton. Even on my boobs too lol. I also did the special pregnancy lotion and it didn't matter =[ I just wasted money thats all.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

Insomnia232
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM

I tried lotion, cocoa butter, and vitamin E and I still got stretch marks!! You didnt do anything wrong, some women get them and some dont.

Proud step-mommy to Makayla

Proud mommy to Duncan

Happily married to the love of my life <3

XOXOnBubbles
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I asked my OB doctor what I could do for stretch marks when I was pregnant with my first... I was told that keeping your skin hydrated (lotion, oil, etc.) can help but it really comes down to genetics.  Some women don't get stretch marks and some will get lots no matter what they do. 

I was lucky in the fact that I did not get any stretch marks on my belly.  I did get a few on my hips, and a LOT on my breasts though!  Thankfully the only people who really see those are my hubby and my doctor!  LOL.

Proud wife, and mama of 2 boys.

in love  kitetoddler boy

IrieArce
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I had the same problem. I literally had rings of stetchmarks around my belly. My belly looked like a tree trunk. lol. I use Bio-oil now which is good for stretch marks or any kind of dark mark.  I've been using it for about a month now and my marks are almost gone. IT WORKS REALLY WELL!  I  think walgreens is the only place that sells it. It's about $14 a bottle, but it lasts a long time and trust me it's worth it.

MaddysMomma2008
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Trust me your not a freak of nature i started using lotions daily as soon as i found out i was pregnant with my first and now i am having my 3rd and have a whole belly full of stretch marks.. Some women are just lucky and don't get any stretch marks!

CafeMom Tickers
wtnmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I am one of the lucky ones.  I have a beautiful 5 month old baby and did not get a single stretch mark!!!  Have also had a ghetto booty all my life and that has diminished considerably since the birth of my son!!!  love it

megdwalls
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I agree you are not a freak, I too applied loads of preg. lotions, as many times a day as i could remember, and still have stretch marks, but it's not the look of them that bothers me as much as the feeling, just not smooth. 

GillyMarie
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:23 AM

I used regular lotion twice a day everyday and special stretch mark lotion while i was pregnant...I have a ton of stretch marks :-(  

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)