Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Choosing your babies name......

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:08 PM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Was you babies name picked out before meeting him/her?

Options:

Yes we knew for a while before

Yes until we met then it changed

No we wanted to meet first

No we didn't know what we were having

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 49

View Results

How did you come up with your babies name? Was it after a family memeber?

I come from a family of 3 girls so since my last name can't carry on, we decided to name DS after my maiden name which is Troy. It did take a couple months to decide for sure but the more we thought about it, the more we wanted to name him Troy =]

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rach_jaco
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM

We picked our daughter's name (Ava) when I was about 7 months pregnant. It just felt right and stuck with us. We are expecting again in January and we chose not to find out the gender so we have one boy and one girl name picked out!

kpwith3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM

My first was named the week after I found out the sex. With my second DH and I had a girl name picked out before we even ttc, but not a boy name, which is what we found out we were having at 16 weeks. We could not agree on a name for our son. We didn't decide on his name until the day after we had him, and even then he ended up a Jr. DH wanted it even though I didn't, but I gave in.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM

We are not expecting yet but we also have decided to be surprised with the next one. It will probably a little harder with names though lol.

Quoting rach_jaco:

We picked our daughter's name (Ava) when I was about 7 months pregnant. It just felt right and stuck with us. We are expecting again in January and we chose not to find out the gender so we have one boy and one girl name picked out!

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

marywilliams
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM

We did not know what we were having and had two names for each gender and chose a name once she was born.  We chose Caroline because that is my mom's name and Lacey, which is my maternal grandmother's maiden name.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

meglennox
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:25 PM

when we found out the sex of our oldest son, we already had a boy and a girl named picked.  we had decided to give him my husbands initals.  we also had two names picked when we found out the sex of our second son.  we gave him my initals.  if we ever have a girl, we're naming her after my husband's sister and my sister that both passed at a very early age.

KatieZwerg
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Our sons name came to us through our fathers. We wanted to name him after his grandfathers (prolly the only child to be named after someone). We were having a hard time with his dads name Charles, we thought it was a lil older than what we liked. We didnt want to name him Charlie so we almost gave up on naming him after his grandpa on his dads side. I was going thru the book and happened to see Chaz and fell in love with it even before I saw it was a newer nickname for Charles so that was a plus. My hubby was deployed and when I emailed him he mentioned he saw it the day before n loved it also. So CHAZ KENNITH BECAME HIS NAME. After his grandpas with a twist.

MaddysMomma2008
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:36 PM

My daughter Madison Susannah Rose was named after her grandma and nana(my mother and in law), and my Son Ayden Thomas Edward was named after his grandpa and father, and this babies name is going to be Hailey Elizabeth Jean (jean after my aunt who passed away from cancer last year) I decided to give all 3 of my kids 2 middle names because after i gave 2 to my daughter i didn't think it was fair for the rest of my kids.

CafeMom Tickers
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:41 PM

My husband and I chose our first boy and girl names when we were still dating-lol! So with our first we knew little Rachel Joy's name way in advance. With the one we're expecting now if it's a boy we will still be using that same first boy's name (Isaac Michael-we like Bible first names and Michael is my husband's name). If it's a girl we had already chosen Naomi Grace before getting pregnant. We've changed it a little now though. My best friend Jessica passed away on Monday so if it's a girl she'll be Naomi Jessica Grace.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Sorry for you loss. They are both wonderful names.

Quoting GodsAmiga:

My husband and I chose our first boy and girl names when we were still dating-lol! So with our first we knew little Rachel Joy's name way in advance. With the one we're expecting now if it's a boy we will still be using that same first boy's name (Isaac Michael-we like Bible first names and Michael is my husband's name). If it's a girl we had already chosen Naomi Grace before getting pregnant. We've changed it a little now though. My best friend Jessica passed away on Monday so if it's a girl she'll be Naomi Jessica Grace.

Allebas
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I ALWAYS KNEW if I had a boy, I would name him Derek! I went to school with a VERY, VERY NICE and CUTE boy whose name was Derek. He stuck up for me when we were in grade school and kids teased me. He told them that teasing is mean and to leave me alone, and the other kids listened to him, b/c he was VERY POPULAR!! SOOOO--our oldest is Derek!! Our second son, I don't know WHY, I just LOVED the name Jared, so he's Jared!! LOL!! LOL!! Our third one is about the same way as Jared!! His name is Logan. Our fourth boy--again--just heard the name and LOVED IT!! His name is Braden. Our fifth and FINAL baby was FINALLY a GIRL!!!!! I had ALWAYS said if I had a baby girl, I would name her after a VERY, VERY GOOD friend of mine that I have known ALL my life!! Her name is Tiana. In Greek, Tiana means "Little Princess!!" It SOOOOO FITS HER TOO!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)