Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which came first mama or dada?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM
  • 29 Replies

My son said mama pretty early and he said it for a good month or so before saying dada. DH was so upset that I got the first word lol.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twilightmommy09
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM

my son said dada first hes 10 mons and still hasnt said mama yet lolz

mommyziegler
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM

my daughter said mama and dada at pretty much the same time. she was 4 months old. now she's almost 19 months and all she says is mommy!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

marywilliams
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I don't think Caroline said one or the other first.  She kind of started saying them at the same time.  Now she usually says Momma when she's tired, upset or needs something.  She says Dadda all the time.

On a side note, my  niece didn't say either name first.  Her first word was deer!  My brother-in-law would take her "deer spotting" in his truck to calm her down.  My sister still gets a kick out of that!

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

imasurvivor
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:47 PM

boy on a swing"mama" girl on a swing

momtoezzie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:51 PM

My DD said da-da shortly after she turned 8 months and a few days ago she started saying ma-ma. Neither of us cared what she was saying. We were just so happy that she was saying them! And she definitely MEANT to say them because she was tugging on his shirt saying da-da and slapping me in the face saying ma-ma lol.

nhemi
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Well all my 11month old daughter says is dad or daddy i dont get it im home all the time with her i was mad but atleast shes starting to talk.

mewmew
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:47 AM

dada

tramcd
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:23 AM

My 11 month old said dada first, but my 2 year old said mama first when she was a baby.

baby boy           toddler girl

Aiden 11/24/2008           Meredith 08/10/2007 

Karleen123
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:25 AM

My sons first word was dog :P dada came before momma

ballewal
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM

My daughter said Mama and now has started to say Nana. She'll probably never say Dada because her father hasn't seen her in over a year. 

I'm not going to summarize myself in a paragraph because I'm not the kind of mother you expect me to be. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)