Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Huggies!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:43 PM
  • 28 Replies

I have a 7 week old little boy.  Ever since we have brought him home from the hospital we have used Huggies.  We have noticed that at least 2-3 times a day he pees out of his diaper.   I know it can happen with little boys but not this often... I tried Luvs and NEVER have a problem with leaking.  Does anyone else have this problem?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Des10ed2b
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM

ugh! i HATE huggies! i have never seen diapers that leak more in my life! i used pamper swaddlers with mine in the beginning and then switched to the pampers baby dry once they moved out of those and once they reach the walking stage move to luvs. my son is actually allergic to pampers. apparently its fairly common that the red dye on the design on them some kids are allergic too. it made my son break out in blisters.

i am a proud mommy of 1 ornery 1 year old little boy and one very goofy 4 year old little girl, ive been married for 2 years, together for almost 5. fun loving, eco-friendly, creative,different strokes work for different folks, stay at home and work at home mommy!

http://www.PerfectWorkForMoms.com     http://www.HealthySafeAndClean.com

PaigeAlysse
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM

We had the same problem with our son! We were constantly changing his clothes. Then, we switched to Pampers Swaddlers. SOOOOO much better!

mommyziegler
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I have a girl and used huggies with her and i never had that problem. If they don't work for you try another diaper brand.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

KyKrsbonusmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I wondered how Pampers were....  I think I will have to try them!!  Thanks Ladies!!

mommyziegler
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:17 PM

i personally think pampers run extremely small so you get less for your money. Someone on here made a comment about target brand diapers and they were all talking so highly of them so i went out a bought a huge box of 82 size 4 diapers for 14$! I love them they work wonders!

Quoting KyKrsbonusmom:

I wondered how Pampers were....  I think I will have to try them!!  Thanks Ladies!!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

KyKrsbonusmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Thanks!!

Quoting mommyziegler:

i personally think pampers run extremely small so you get less for your money. Someone on here made a comment about target brand diapers and they were all talking so highly of them so i went out a bought a huge box of 82 size 4 diapers for 14$! I love them they work wonders!

Quoting KyKrsbonusmom:

angelicangel09
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:48 PM

With my DS we started with Pampers and then went to Huggies after he was 4-6 months old because they started leaking on us, I dont like pampers for older babies personally. Huggies worked great for my son and then when i had my DD, the same. Had to switch to Huggies around 4 months old. Same problem. I still dont like pampers LOL. Some work better than others. I heard that huggies are better for older babies then younger babies but thats just what i heard, i dont know from experince. I do know they work wonderfully though.

ballewal
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Yep. I had leaks all the time with Huggies but next to never with Luvs or the store brand. I wrote to Huggies and got major coupons for complaining. 

ATG499
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I used Huggies for three days after we came home from the hospital. They leaked so bad, I had to get Pampers. Even now at 7mos, the Huggies don't work that long. We use Pampers for bed time and after we're done with the Huggies we have, we're getting Pampers. I hate Huggies! 

BigOlMommy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I used Pampers Swaddlers for my son when he was a newborn. He would leak ALL THE TIME. I would be holding him or nursing him, & all of the sudden, I would be wet. They sucked. I switched to Huggies & it was A LOT better. Tried a box of Luvs once & they were even worse than the Pampers for us. I've stuck with Huggies ever since. He is almost 2.5 now, so he doesn't really have any daytime leaks, but at night I've been using Huggies Overnights for him the past few nights & they are great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)