Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a 7 week old little boy.  Ever since we have brought him home from the hospital we have used Huggies.  We have noticed that at least 2-3 times a day he pees out of his diaper.   I know it can happen with little boys but not this often... I tried Luvs and NEVER have a problem with leaking.  Does anyone else have this problem?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:43 PM
Replies (21-28):
LiviaA
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Pampers and Luvs are the best for tiny babies!  I've never had good luck with Huggies.

Phoenix_sp
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Quoting mommyziegler:

I have a girl and used huggies with her and i never had that problem. If they don't work for you try another diaper brand.

Mamagirlz
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I HATE Huggies.  My girls always leaked out them every single time.  I like Pampers the best! 

AHamrick
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 4:53 PM

My dd has been in Huggies since the NICU! I've tried a few different brands, but don't like any of them as well as Huggies so we keep going back. I did love Pampers Swaddlers when she first came home from the hospital, but after one pack I went back to huggies. I bought a pack of Pampers a few months ago (because I had a coupon) and they were aweful! The tabs kept ripping off.

Quoting mommyziegler:

I have a girl and used huggies with her and i never had that problem. If they don't work for you try another diaper brand.

April ~ Proud mommy to August Skyla, Loving wife to Curtis, & Expecting #2! 

asil
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 4:25 AM

We use only Huggies with our 1 and 2 year old girls (well, Huggies and PullUps).  I HATE Pampers for older babies, they leak terrible, and when you get to potty training the Pampers brand is NOT adjustable and they suck.

I will admit that we most often use cloth, but stick with Huggies when we are out and about.

BUT>>>>

In the NICU my girls were both preemies, my oldest was in Pampers Preemies, and my youngest started out in Pampers Extra Small Preemies.  Huggies not only had no preemie diapers available when my oldest was born... but when they did have them when my second was born they were awful.  Once we were into Newborn (around 4 months old) we switched to Huggies. 

PROUD OWNER OF...
baby/toddler coupons and more!... Printable links, hints and tips, and much much more! http://www.cafemom.com/group/30682 

gmums... a group for moms who use gdiapers. A fun and healthy way to use flushable diapers! http://www.cafemom.com/group/2625

ddh developmental dysplasia of the hip... a group for moms who have a child who has or has had ddh. http://www.cafemom.com/group/33384

moms against cow's milk... a group for moms who choose, or have to remove cow's milk from their diet, or their child's.  benefits, alternatives, and comments!  http://www.cafemom.com/group/103768/  

JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2009 at 7:52 AM

We actually had the exact opposite problem! Pampers swaddlers always leaked for my son and we never have a problem with Huggies. He's in size 3 now and we have some Pampers and those are much better than the swaddlers but I can't wait to use these up and start on the box of Huggies that I have! I like that Huggies has a curve around the leg, it seems to fit my son better.

asegreen
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 7:58 AM

Huggies leaked not only pee, but poop up the back every time with my daughter.  We switched to Pampers & now no problems.  They are expensive though.  I've been wondering about the Target diapers...

Amanda

KyKrsbonusmom
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 12:23 PM

A PP said that Target and Costco brand diapers are good!  I haven't been able to try them yet.

Quoting asegreen:

Huggies leaked not only pee, but poop up the back every time with my daughter.  We switched to Pampers & now no problems.  They are expensive though.  I've been wondering about the Target diapers...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)