Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Babies Should Not Wear Jeans

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:35 PM
  • 73 Replies

In my opinion, they should not make blue jeans for babies. Sure, they look cute on the hanger, and the idea of a grown-up piece of apparel on a little peanut sounds so adorable, but ...

Functionally, I think they are the worst. The denim is often stiff and uncomfortable, the waist bands too tight, and the snaps can be a pain for little ones. They are the anti-baby clothing. My babies wore stretchy pants, or one-pieces until they were like 1.

Just my opinion, feel free to totally disagree with me!

What articles of clothing for babies really irritate you? I never fully understood the idea of button down shirts on a three month old, either. Too much work.

What type of clothing just doesn't work on a baby? Leave your thoughts and I may use your comments in a post in Daily Buzz.

Thanks!

Cynthia

Daily Buzz Blogger

See what I'm writing about today in Pregnancy, Toddler, Food, Health, Big Kid, Home & Garden and Entertainment

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoezzie
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I've never even seen jeans for a baby until 12 months. Every time I go to the store, they are all cloth material.

ballewal
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Depends on the brand. I have a pair of OshKosh for my DD that are soft and have an adjustable waistband. They're easy to snap on and off too. 

CafeMom Tickers
mommyziegler
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:39 PM

With my daughter i put jeans on her up until she started crawling and then she wore stretchy pants and once she had mastered walking i put her back in jeans.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

truckincowgirl
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:39 PM

I agree. I am picky though. :) Just glad to see I am not alone on this one.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I can't stand the overalls with no snaps in the crotch. I have a couple pairs and they just annoy me. I also can't stand the one piece outfits that you can't just put on over the head or slip in by the feet. I have some that go on awkward and you have to kinda squeeze them into the middle of it. My problem with jeans is that either the legs are too short of the waist is too big. I can't seem to find a happy medium.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:40 PM

i absolutly hated jeans for my son when he was younger because he was way too fat for them lol  but my daughter is 7 months old and not quite as pudgy as he was  she wears them they are super cute on her :)

livingangels
by Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I agree 100%!

AmandaNaus
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I hate the ones that button all the way.It is hard to get my little one to stay still.

MommyOnLI
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:48 PM

i LOVE LOVE LOVE jeans...

i cant stand rompers.. sooo ugly

stuff like this

(apparently i cant post the picture)

i also HATE with a passion Character Clothes...

i do NOT and will NOT buy DS or DD character clothes.. they get hand me downs and those are the stuff they wear when they are playing outside or just hanging in the house.. but in public.. HELLS NO.

Jemia
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:40 PM

I love jeans on babies but I haven't put any on my youngest son yet who will be 2 months tomorrow.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)