Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morning Sickness.. still...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
I wonder how many other moms have morning (or all day) sickness during the entire pregnancy.. With my first baby I had morning sickness right up to the day I gave birth. I don't mean just feeling nauseated but throwing up every single morning whether or not breakfast was attempted. I have tried everything I can think of. Green grapes, preggie pops, anti-nausea syrups, antacids, Phenergan, and even stepping over my husband in bed.. I am now 33 weeks pregnant with my second baby. My insides are irritated, so what I throw up is slightly blood tinged. My doctor can't seem to do anything for me, and doesn't seem to be bothered by it anymore because I do eat normally after about noon, and I've stopped losing weight and have finally gained 7 pounds. The only funny thing is that my son thinks its funny. He laughs and tries to "pretend" puke with me. I was so worried that my wretching sounds would scare him that I laughed whenever I did it in front of him. So, anyone else spend a LOT of time with their porcelain friend?
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ErinHill226
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Not so much with this pregnancy, but with dd...good golly! Not the whole nine months (you poor thing) but for about half the pregnancy...I was lucky if I only puked once or twice in a day. most days it was more like 4-7 times. It lasted from sun up til sun down and nothing seemed to help. I kept counting down the days til that "magical" second trimester...and then it never happened. This time has been a little better...or...a LOT better really. I've only puked two or three times and the nausea was only constant for three or so weeks. Now at around twelve weeks I seem to have one or two sort of blah days a week...and then I'm fine. I can actually eat though, so that's exciting! Good luck to you! Hope you feel better soon!

expectantmom81
by Erin on Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Oh I am so sorry mama. I never got sick I guess I was lucky. I got really really nautious though for the first three months all throughout the day. I have heard that what really works well is to eat a cuple saltines as soon as you get up and before you even get out of bed (leave them on your night table if you have one). I never had to try this but I know people that swear by it. GL and I hope it works for you.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

LiviaA
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 4:21 PM

With my first two I never got so sick that I threw up, but there were plenty of foods and smells that I could not stand!!!  But it only lasted the first trimester.

With my third baby I had absolutely no "normal" symptoms!  I had no nausea at all!!!

I am sorry you are having such a tough time:(

angelicangel09
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 4:28 PM

when i was pg with DD they put me on Medication for it,. worked wonders. Only because i couldnt keep a single thing down.

Mamagirlz
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Have u tried eating banana's?  I've heard they help. 

bonnielauper
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 11:49 PM

I was sick for 6 months, not just in the morning, but all day. But I only actually threw up a handful of times, so it was just constant nausea. Ugh. Makes me want to never get pregnant again. Except that the babies are so cute and fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)