Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby on track??

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 11:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son is 6 weeks old and he was born October 3 at 11:37 a.m, 8lbs 5.3oz. A very healthy baby, but my dilemma is that I chat with another mom who had her son the same day as i and she said that her son is already rolling over holding head up and even lifting his chest up with his arms.. My little one isn't even holding his head up completely.. Should I be concerned??

by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ATG499
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Not at all. All babies are different, and all babies reach different milestones at different times. My son didn't roll over until four months. He's seven months old and doesn't sit up or crawl. He pushes his chest up and can chew Cheerios and Gerber Graduates Puffs. There are babies his age who are not only sitting up and crawling, but they're pulling themselves up to a standing position. I'm only saying the last part to show you that no two babies are the same in milestones. If you're too concerned, don't be afraid to ask his doctor. Congratulations on the little one!

2boysandagirl09
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Thank you for replying to my post.. Really appreciate it.. I know I am acting like a new mom but I do have 2 other cildren I guess it's because it's been 5 years, but again thank you and I will keep that in mind..

virgo83332
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Don't worry. My 3 month old son isn't rolling over yet either.  My other son, which is now 20 months old, didn't start rolling over till he was 4 months. All babies are different, so don't worry.  If you are that concerned, you can always talk to your doc. I understand how you feel cuz I was worried to with my other son when he wasn't rolling over by 3 months.

bethgl
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 12:06 PM

6 weeks! that is way early with that baby.  My daughter didn't roll over until about 4 months and same with keeping her head up.  Do not worry!  She is a year old now and still can't walk by herself, she can with help and cruises around furniture like a pro.  But then I see other babies in daycare strolling around.  All in good time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)