Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Stress?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 7:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

It seems like no matter what I do, Wednesday's are always the hardest days to get through.  Getting my son off to school in the morning and my daughter in the afternoon never seems to go smooth on a Wednesday... no matter how prepared I am!  After I pick up the kids from school we always have to rush home to get homework done and then we pile back in the car to  meet my husband for dinner before he goes to a class.  Then I get the kids in bed and am always super tired at the end of the day.  So here we go, another Wednesday... I hope this one is a smooth one!  One kid already at school, one to go :)

What is the most stresful day of the week for you? 

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Unique Baby Names, Children's Health Issues
Join us in the Pregnancy Group or Babies Group
Amber, Pregnancy and Babies Group Mod

by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyOnLI
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 7:27 AM

if you stop rushing to meet your DH for dinner, then you wouldnt be so stressed.. one day out of the week of not eating with your DH hasnt killed any family yet... but stress can causes death.

gacgbaker
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Quoting MommyOnLI:

if you stop rushing to meet your DH for dinner, then you wouldnt be so stressed.. one day out of the week of not eating with your DH hasnt killed any family yet... but stress can causes death.

My son asked me the same thing the other day.  We have thought about that, but he really enjoys seeing us for dinner, and with him traveling really its more then just the one day a week we don't see him (depending on his schedule).  I have weighed the pro's and cons and a rough day vrs. the time investing in the relationship is more important... its not that I can't handle it, it just is the busiest day of the week... just curious what it is like for everyone else :)

Thanks. 

storkbusy momnurse

Cafe Elizabeth
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 9:34 AM

I rush around a lot too, and bedtime with my oldest seems to be the most difficult time. My LO and 3-year-old go to bed without a peep, but my 5 year old has always (from birth!) been tricky to get to bed. He stalls, and stalls, and stalls, and stalls. The only time he goes to bed without a fuss is if he stays up until 9, but that's WAY TOO LATE!!!

I've also started doing a stretching DVD at home around 9:30 at night. It's about 25 minutes, really simple, and a great way for me to unwind from the day.

Hope you have a relaxing Wednesday!

-- Elizabeth

mommy_mpoon
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Monday seems to be the stressful for me, although my children stay home with me it's still fairly stressful. Since the weekend daddy is home, my older daughter tends to like skipping her naps to hang out with dad...so when it comes Monday and daddy is back at work, I sort of need to put the kids back on schedule from the fun exciting weekend.

gacgbaker
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Quoting mommy_mpoon:

Monday seems to be the stressful for me, although my children stay home with me it's still fairly stressful. Since the weekend daddy is home, my older daughter tends to like skipping her naps to hang out with dad...so when it comes Monday and daddy is back at work, I sort of need to put the kids back on schedule from the fun exciting weekend.

My mom always said this was the case for her as well.  Mondays were the worse becuaes of having to restructure everyone and everything after the weekend choas!  Hoping for an easy Monday for you this week!

storkbusy momnurse

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN