Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

flu shot symptoms for a 6 month old??

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 12:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

so my son had a well baby apt yesterday and he got all his regular shots plus half the dose of the sesonal flu. last night he had a temp of 100.7 and i gave him tylenol but it really didnt help. today his temp is 99.9 is that normal. my husband looked up the symptoms and it said they are going to have a little high temp for 1-2 days but is 100 okay for a little baby? Is he going to have the flu or just a cold?

air force wife to my best friend..John.5/17/08

mommy to my handsome little boy..Ethan..5/9/09

baby boy

by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommy2MyBoyz
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Yes, if the temp gets higher than 101 than contact your pediatrician but a little fever and fussiness and soreness at the injection site is normal. Just give your baby the correct dose of Tylenol for his weight and that should bring down the fever and help relieve the soreness a little too.

ethans_mommy09
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 2:46 PM

thank you..is it okay for him to be tired and lazy..when he usually gets his regular shots..that day he is lazy but than a couple hours go by hes play full..but with the flu shot is it ok for him to be sleepy for a coulpe days? its day 2 and he is sleepier than usual...

JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Anything up to 100.8 is normal. If it's over that, then it is considered a low grade fever. A low grade fever is normal to have after shots, but if he has a higher temp then you should call your Dr. Sounds like your son is doing just fine!

JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Yes, that's normal too. We usually take my son for his appointment on a Thursday and his Dr. always says to baby him though the weekend. He will be tired and may have a low grade fever but if anything last longer than the weekend to call her.

Quoting ethans_mommy09:

thank you..is it okay for him to be tired and lazy..when he usually gets his regular shots..that day he is lazy but than a couple hours go by hes play full..but with the flu shot is it ok for him to be sleepy for a coulpe days? its day 2 and he is sleepier than usual...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN