Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

So, there's this thing going on in my town this week, no idea how it started, but things like this usually only take one person.

Pssh, it might be National Pay It Forward week for all I know.

Anyway, today I went to Starbucks and the person in front of me had paid for my drink!

I asked why and the girl at Starbucks said it'd been happening all week!

So guys, do something nice for someone this week, in hopes that they'll pay it forward!

If you get the chance to do something nice for a stranger, post here and let us hear all about it!

by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 7:36 PM
Replies (11-11):
mommy_mpoon
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I just wanted to share that my husband also PIF yesterday!

There is an old couple that lives a few apartments away from us, just the 2 of them and we see them quite often throughout the week. They  normally do the usual grocery shopping and take walks daily for minimal exercise, but since we are usually ready to go out it's mostly a "Hi Bye" kind of salutation.

Anyway, yesterday when he got home from work he saw the old couple looking like they were struggling to get up the stairs. So he went by to see if they were OK, apprently, the wife had twisted her ankle during their daily walk and her husband was having a hard time helping her up the stairs. At first my DH asked if they needed to go medical care, but they said NO because she had always had a weak left leg and every so often it locks and she just needs to stretch it out after they get home...so as they wished he didn't push for medical care. The PIF my DH did was....he piggybacked the wife upstairs while her husband slowly followed behind. DH also helped her get settled into her leg massager.

The reason I found out was from this morning. The old couple came knocking on my door around 8:30am. I opened the door and they handed me a tray of cookies and some flowers. I asked them what it was for and they told me what happened last night. My husband didn't even bother to brag to me about his good deed, he just came home took a shower and had dinner with us as usual! He is just a great person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)