Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Need Advice on Potty Training my almost 4 year old Son

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 4:06 AM
  • 2 Replies

I am so desperate for any advice on how to get my boy to potty train. I've been trying since he was two and He did good at the beginning, He would do #1, but when it came down to  #2, He freaked out. He says "He's scare of the feeling". Please help me out on how to help him overcome that fear...

by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 4:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gacgbaker
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 5:45 AM

I have heard that going #2 for kids can be scary.  What I read was that they think it is "part of them" that they are letting go of when they go #2.  My son had a hard time with that as well.  There are some great replies for potty training help here:

Give Me Your Best Advice: Potty Training

Hope that helps and good luck!

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Unique Baby Names, Children's Health Issues
Join us in the Pregnancy Group or Babies Group
Amber, Pregnancy and Babies Group Mod

XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I would talk with your pediatrician to make sure that he does not have any physical issues (such as constipation) that may be inhibiting his progress first.  Then if it is because he is scared, maybe give him the choice of using a little potty chair instead of the regular toilet for pooping and see if that is less scary for him. 

My son is 3 years old and has been potty trained with no pee acidents for a long time now.  He still will not poop in the potty though.  I talked with his pediatrician and due to some issues that my son has had with constipation she said that he probably has trouble recognizing the feeling that he needs to poop, and when he does recognize it he may associate pooping with pain, so it may take a while for him to poop in the potty.

It is VERY frustrating.  I got sick of washing poopy underwear every day, so he is in pullups now.  They stay dry (even overnight) but it is a lot easier to take care of when he poops in them. 

Good luck!

Proud wife, and mama of 2 boys.

in love  kitetoddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN