Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help why wont she eat meat?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:34 PM
  • 16 Replies

my 15 month old refuse to eat meat ! what should or can i do? 

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Karleen123
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:38 PM

I have a hard time getting my son to eat meat too. giving him a suace to dip it in like chetchup or ranch helps most of the time but it's very messy

terribeari
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:38 PM

My son refused to eat meat until he was 18 months or so, I hink he didn't like the texture. I just kept offering it and I also gave him tofu, beans lentils, ect to get protein in him. Even still he will occasionally refuse.

ballewal
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Your baby doesn't need meat, he needs protein. Give him another form of protein instead. 

norahsmommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:40 PM

lots of kids won't eat meat, especially that young.  Just keep offering but don't get upset if she doesn't eat it.  Kids naturally lean towards vegetarianism at a young age, and they will get the protein from other sources.  Try her on beans and see how she likes them. 

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

Rockclimber13
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Try different types, burger, steak, chicken, turkey.  Try it plain and seasoned.  My daughter went through the same thing at that age.  I had to give her peanut butter to get her to eat protein.  Now she loves meat especially any type of hamburger or turkey burger and she loves chicken nuggets.  It's a phase, you will get through it but never stop offering her meat.

tangleballlover
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:52 PM

It is most likely a phase. The one thing that really helps for me, is to sneak it into things that they love. For example, today I snuck turkey in with homemade mac and cheese. Or add cheese onto it. LOL. Cheese and ketchup helped me to get my son to eat meats a ton. He went through a phase where he wouldn't eat any meat at all. You can also cook some ground beef and get it nice and crumbly and put it in with spaghetti :)

~CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEWEST MILITARY MOM GROUP ON CAFEMOM~

bellasmommy0808
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Quoting Karleen123:

I have a hard time getting my son to eat meat too. giving him a suace to dip it in like chetchup or ranch helps most of the time but it's very messy

We have tried ketchup & ranch she would rather eat that  or suck it all off the meat

BELLASMOMMYwe rock

tangleballlover
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:09 PM

LOL. that's what my son does. He just eats the condiments! haha

Quoting bellasmommy0808:

Quoting Karleen123:

We have tried ketchup & ranch she would rather eat that  or suck it all off the meat

tangleballlover
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Just thought of another, if you make mashed potatoes for her, put ground beef in it. that's one way my son will gulp down red meat. We also put cheese on it so that helps :)

~CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEWEST MILITARY MOM GROUP ON CAFEMOM~

firenicecream
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:06 PM

My toddler is over 2 and he won't eat meat either. I try to sneak it in and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have asked around and a lot of people have said LO's go through this thing of not eating meat. I don't worry about it too much anymore because he loves peanut butter and other things that have protein.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)