Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby sister...?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

On another post of mine a mom said that when a firstborn "Predicts" the sex of a new sibling, they are often right. DD, if we ask her, always says she's having a baby sister. If we change it around say "girl baby or boy baby?" she says "girl baby". I don't even think she knows the concept of girl, boy, brother, sister yet...but she does this EVERY time! Once she even said "Baby sister...right now!" I told her I'd have to work on that one.

Just for fun, has anybody had an older sibling do this and be RIGHT? I am not a dummy...so I know this is not scientific proof that we're having a girl...but wouldn't it be funny?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Des10ed2b
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:18 PM

actually, that is very true. if the older sibling is still a toddler then they are generally right predicting the gender of the baby about 92% of the time or something crazy like that.

i know my daughter was right! from the moment we told her there was a baby in mommys tummy, it was always a baby boy. if we said a brother or a sister, it was always a brother. if we then tried to say, "a sister" then she would say a BROTHER and a sister. sure enough, he brother just turned 1.

i am a proud mommy of 1 ornery 1 year old little boy and one very goofy 4 year old little girl, ive been married for 2 years, together for almost 5. fun loving, eco-friendly, creative,different strokes work for different folks, stay at home and work at home mommy!

http://www.PerfectWorkForMoms.com     http://www.HealthySafeAndClean.com

ErinHill226
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Haha! She may have said brother like...once. But there was one time I said "Hey Katie...do you want a baby brother?" and she looked at me really weird and said "No...no baby brother! Baby sister!"

PaigeAlysse
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:21 PM

My 2 y/o changed it pretty much every time we asked what he wanted. Some days it was girl and others boy. So, I'm not much help :)

mommy_mpoon
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 4:26 AM

My daughter was 14mon when we got pregnant, she didn't really talk at that time yet. But she always gave my tummy (the baby) toys to play with, they would always be blue/black cars or hammers. Then one time when we went to the mall I asked her what she wanted the baby to wear and she chose out a boy outfit, we walked around in the girls dept the whole time and she kept shaking her head...then once we walked past the boy dept she immediately pointed at a dark blue dinosaur one-piece jammy.

Then when I started showing more and she could say more things, she learned brother & sister, she never ever said sister to my tummy. And now she has a brother!

mamaof2boys148
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:32 AM

My 2ys old was right with his baby sister and his new cousin

Mamagirlz
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:04 PM

My 2 girls said boy and I ended up with another girl.  So they weren't correct. 

mommyofone123
by Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:06 PM

My DD said we were having a baby boy....it was a girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)