Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Both a vent and questions...so be warned, it will likely be long! lol

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:32 PM
  • 1 Replies

For anyone who has read any of my previously written posts...you may know we're expecting child number two in May. It just all started hitting me today how much I have to do and how hard I'm going to have to work to make it happen. I work from home as a writer...doing mostly crappier web work (although it pays the bills and can provide a bit of extra if I work enough..I'm lazy at the moment...). I plan to start school in January. My hubby and his whole family did construction and real estate, so needless to say he hasn't had steady work in months. He's looking, but nothing yet. He may be going to school also to take the pressure for money off of me...

I'm due at the end of May, so for an unplanned baby this little guy/gal is pretty convenient so far. It'll be the end of my first semester in college and since my scholarship covers falls and springs only, I plan to take the summer off anyway...which will allow me a few months to bond for my new baby.

But you guys...I'm totally wigging out! I'm happy we're having a baby because having dd has so far totally been awesome and she has exceeded my wildest expectations in every way. So who wouldn't want to do that again, even if it  is challenging? But our house is soooo small so I have determined to fit everybody we need mostly new furniture for storage. Right now our stuff is very open and junky and doesn't allow much to be held. Now, you would mostly say that this is a want and not a need...but if you saw my house you would understand. Two bedrooms and the square footage of an economy apartment. We can't even fit a kitchen table or a love seat. I don't know WHY DH built it this tiny...but in his defense we weren't married yet and didn't plan on having ONE kid here, much less two...but there are title issues preventing us from selling at the moment...so here we are. So furniture is one expense...

Then there is baby stuff, the normal bills, trying to study, spending time with dd and DH so they know I still love them, while still trying to make sure I don't gain 500 pounds! I'm wigging out! I can only pray DH finds work soon so some of the pressure will be taken off...but as of right now, I'm going to plan as though he won't.

So here are the questions... I plan to try to breastfeed...but breastfed babies eat SOOO often. Is there anyway to encourage him/her to eat more at once? Would I be so horrible if I switched to formula for a feeding or two so I could get something done? Would a sling making nursing and typing easier for me?

Two...how can I include dd in my work and school? I thought about putting her a little fold up table in my office/room for her to "work" with me and I try and take breaks throughout the day so I can read her a book, have lunch with her, etc...but any other ideas?

And most importantly...my energy right now...is nonexistent. I wake up wishing I could go back to sleep. I crave tons of meat so maybe I need more iron? But even so...how can I beat this fatigue and increase my train of thought? I am so foggy and in a haze half the time and I can't let my work slip or I lose my work and that would be a disaster. I'm already trying to fidn new clients so I have more than one thing giong to provide some kind of security...but I just never feel like working and that is why I end up taking it easy and wasting time (like now) two days a week or more...meaning I pay the bills and buy food but I have little extra for baby items and furniture and savings. Advice?!? Please and thank you!

Totally going insane over here! PS...Yes, I know that I had sex and that leads to pregnancy. I'm not unhappy about it and we're not starving nor will we be...and I'm not on assistance so please no bashing here. I'm just having an overwhelmed moment and need advice on how to get this done! We may be putting our house on the market shortly after the birth also...ahahaha.

frustrated

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
expectantmom81
by Erin on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Hey, one thing you could do for the feeding is pump along with nurse so that you can switch off and maybe he/she would drink more that way. Also, I don't think you would be bad for switching between fomula and nursing however I do think that it might bother his/her belly. Also, the slings do help a lot. I used mine a lot so that I could get cleaning done around the house. Sorry I don't have any advice on beeing tired cause I am going through the same thing right now. GL mama and I am sure you will do just fine.

hugs

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)