Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has your little one ever done this or is it only mine??

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:57 AM
  • 16 Replies

so this morning I wake up early to check my email before the baby wakes up. I heard him at 7:30 just like always so I go in there to his room and he's standing up..in his bed...with his diaper off. peeing!! so I thought ok well surely he is done so i'll wait to put a diaper on him for a minute...big mistake...should have put him on the potty chair b/c as soon as i sat ds down in the floor (by his dad's computer)lol he starts peeing AGAIN and was trying to aim and hit the computer....he's about to be 11 months old in a few weeks so seriously....surely i am not the only one this has happened to....what can i do to make sure he doesn't start doing this every morning???? Any ideas and please no bashing....Thanks for all your help in the meantime!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:02 AM

OH no! My son has not firgured that out yet (he is 16 months) but I know you are not alone. I know of a lot of kids that do that. Maybe if you have him sleep in feeted pj's or get the one piece ones that snap up in the back so that he can't get to the diaper. GL and I hope this doesn't continue for you.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

othermom
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:05 AM

My son did that when he was little. I would cut the feet off the footed pajamas and turn them around backwards. I had to make sure that the necks were tighter(not to tight but not loose) otherwise he would pull them off some how.

Nenasam
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Hmm my son is 13 months, and he has never done that yet so far, only some time during we change him, and it take awhile to put diaper on since now he is always refuse to have a new diaper on...  I wonder if your baby has only diaper on.. thats why he could took his diaper off on his own..?

~Nena

tangleballlover
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Put it on backwards OR duct tape. :)

~CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEWEST MILITARY MOM GROUP ON CAFEMOM~

Karleen123
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:12 AM

my son takes off his diaper a lot but he's never aimed sorry but that's hillarious. Just put him to bed with pants on they're harder to get off than diapers:)

lizmarie1975
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I have two older children (13 & 4) and neither of them ever did that, thankfully.  I probably would have been horrified at first & then busted out laughing.

amzbrznjz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM

my ds did this last week, peed outside his crib got my floor wet but not his crib, I started putting a onesie on him so he could not get ot his diaper

mamaofangels81
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:51 AM

my 18 month old has pulled that one a few times now. so i make sure hes gotta zip up jammies on for nap and bedtime it stopped him from doing it.

proud mommy of 4 wonderful children and blessed to be adding another one to the group in march 2010group hug

sandraberke
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:07 AM

hahaha wait til he takes off his diaper and poops in his bed! thats fun!! NOT!

but yeah my son does this. if his diaper is too full and he doesnt like it he will take off his diaper and walk around naked. there have been several times when ive come in and hes been naked covered in poo. and had to be given a bath right away!  i dunnno how to stop it. try the feeted pj's is all i can thnk of. mine cant wear too much to bed cause of his Exzema.

good luck mom.

CafeMom Tickerspregnany_with9.gif picture by sandraberkejune.gifpregnant6.gif picture by sandraberke** im Predicting a GIRL**Will be confirmed in january**

LeBoof
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Up until recently our twins did that a lot.It didn't help that they would help each other get clothing off. Some of the more suuccessful things we tried were good fitting overalls (no "growing" space), duct taping the diapers (and yet they still managed to get them off if we forgot the overalls), and if using cloth diapers...put them on backwards.We tried the footy pajamas and they worked for awhile but they learned how to undo zippers. Since they help each other putting them on backwards doesn't help us.Not sure why it worked some with the cloth diapers.

"All who would win joy must share it;happiness was born a twin." Lord Byron
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)